• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

EMAIL QUESTION?

futureto

Hi,

I just started my osCommerce site and am presently trying to customize it. I am going to be selling some products and wanted to have my site set up that when anyone places an order or clicks on my contact link of my site, their email would be sent to 2 of my own seperate email addresses. I can't figure out how to set this up and it's driving me crazy. I am a newbie to osCommerce and do appreciate the help.

My web address is futuretoys.net if you want to see how it's set up or have any other advice.

I thank you all in advance for your help and wish you a healthy and happy,

Ira

in admin there is a section says 'send extra order emails to' and by reading what it says when entering an address you can submit to multiples.

for contact us, you will need to add that into the back end of the system. but what is the reason for sending two on a contact us?

Hi John,

Thanks so much for responding so quickly to my question.

So sorry for the confusion as for I am brand new at this. I'm actually trying to start a new little side business for my wife and myself and we were going to use this osCommerce site to promote some toy products. I am having a tough time trying to decide what email address I should use to accept my "placed orders" and my "contact us". I have an AOL account so my 1st thought was to just use a dedicated screne name for my new business but I was wondering if Outlook Express or something else would benefit me more?

If you be so kind as to inform me of any recommendations you might have for me to set up my email corrospodence or even to let me know how most people are setting it up. I will be starting this business via drop shipping my orders. If you have any other suggestions that might help my site, I truely would be grateful.

Again, my site is:

www.futuretoys.net

I thank you again in advance for your support,

Regards Ira

Using the email functions of your domain looks a *lot* more professional than a personal aol account.

For example, [email protected] and you would use Outlook Express to retrieve that mail if you did not wish to use the webmail feature.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Using the email functions of your domain looks a *lot* more professional than a personal aol account.

For example, [email protected] and you would use Outlook Express to retrieve that mail if you did not wish to use the webmail feature.

Thanks Jim,

I am assuming it would benifit me to use a webmail feature so I could access my mail via any computor online rather than Outlook from my personal computor only, am I correct in that thinking?

I have a choice of "horde" or "neomail" as my webmail feature software. Would you or anyone recommend either of the two?

Any other ideas for email setup would be grately appreciated.

Thanks in advance to all,

Ira

Archived