• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Weird Problem with my site

BrianKCook

If you go to http://www.jwlryetc.com/store/index.php?cPath=21

You will see what I am talking about I missing my icon for Let's See What We Have Here and it does have the head for new in Decemember just like my home page does.

I am trying to get this site on-line for my wife and I am a big Newbie at php. Can someone tell me the file to edit to fix it .

Thanks

If you go to http://www.jwlryetc.com/store/index.php?cPath=21

You will see what I am talking about I missing my icon for Let's See What We Have Here and it does have the head for new in Decemember just like my home page does.

I am trying to get this site on-line for my wife and I am a big Newbie at php. Can someone tell me the file to edit to fix it .

Thanks

When you create a new catalog sub catagory it asks you to browse for that particular product catalog image.

I think you should browse in you catalog directoy inside your admin and see if your catalog image is installed.

( WARNING )

I think I know what Im talking about.

BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP

When you create a new catalog sub catagory it asks you to browse for that particular product catalog image.

I think you should browse in you catalog directoy inside your admin and see if your catalog image is installed.

Yeah I looked for that. I add products and they never come up under there. I think I have something wrong somewhere.

Correct me if I am wrong. I should be the same as my home page? I know its have the same thing twice.

I guess what I searching for is the page that has Let's See What We Have Here on it

I see that you have only one catagories directory inside you catalog do you have an image to display this catagory ?? a small thumbnailed picture (icon)ect to show this catagories you should install it .

( WARNING )

Forgive me if I am not getting this.

I got in the catalog in my admin and I have top for the category I dont see away to remove it or edit it to put a pic in.

This is your image file sj_yellow.

What ever you did made it work.

But then again you did something else and it doesnt any more ??????

Very strange??

( WARNING )

I made a catagory that was named top and that seemed to fix it. Then I deleted it because I didnt want top in the catagory list.

I dont think page is going to work how I would like it to display anyhow. I would rather it show all the catagorys on that page. Do you what my link should be to do that ?

I made a catagory that was named top and that seemed to fix it. Then I deleted it because I didnt want top in the catagory list.

I dont think page is going to work how I would like it to display anyhow. I would rather it show all the catagorys on that page. Do you what my link should be to do that ?

You should be able to rename the catagory named top to some thing else in admin/catalog and you should not have a problem

( WARNING )

regarding the icon missing, it's because there is no image name showing, on the property (right click just on the picture, and choose property. you get

http://www.jwlryetc.com/store/images/

there should be a picture name after this. you need to change this so there is the file name after (images/picturename.jpg )

unfortunately, i haven't been able to find out which page this can be changed in... maybe can somebody else give us a clue?

regarding the icon missing, it's because there is no image name showing, on the property (right click just on the picture, and choose property. you get

http://www.jwlryetc.com/store/images/

there should be a picture name after this. you need to change this so there is the file name after  (images/picturename.jpg  )

unfortunately, i haven't been able to find out which page this can be changed in... maybe can somebody else give us a clue?

Looking at the site your categories seem to be working correctly (though you only have one so far) The problem seems to be with your go shopping button Where do you want that to go exactly because that does not seem to be setup correctly.

When you are setting up products and categories you cannot add your products to Top as they will not show up, they need to go into a category.

If you want the go shopping button to go to a page where all your cats are listed you could setup a go shopping cat in your admin and then make all your other cats subcats of that.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

I have the exact same problem. No icon showing for the Let's see what we have here page. As you mention above there is no link to a particular image for that page is just has the directory of where the images are located. Where is the page to edit the text (Lets se what we have here) and then maybe I can make my own image or something and edit the location. Does anybody know what file this page would be called?

Archived