• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Install Help

Ok I am trying to install this on a linux server but I have a windows computer. So I downloaded the zip file and uploaded the catalog directory to my site. Next I ran the install entered in my information, it connected to the database but then on the next screen it gives me this error DATABASE IMPORT SQL file does not exist: /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/install/oscommerce.sql

Any Ideas

Ok I am trying to install this on a linux server but I have a windows computer. So I downloaded the zip file and uploaded the catalog directory to my site. Next I ran the install entered in my information, it connected to the database but then on the next screen it gives me this error DATABASE IMPORT SQL file does not exist: /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/install/oscommerce.sql

Any Ideas

First thing to do is make sure the file is there and looking in the correct location. If it seems to be try uploading the file again and you could also make sure that the permissions are set so it can be read. You should not normally need to change the permissions for it to work but it is something to check.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

I can find the the file on my server and its in the install directory but I think the problem is that its looking for it in the wrong directory. "/usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/" I dont have these on my webserver.

Archived