• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

http://www.yourdomain/catalog/install/ ??

Shambala

1.) I followed the INSTALL directions which said to:

cp -R /catalog /usr/apache/htdocs/

and then run install at:

http://www.yourdomain.com/catalog/install/

yet when I copied the catalog directory in this manner it simply put everything in the root of the /htdocs/ directory and did not create a "catalog" subdirectory. Should this "catalog" subdirectory be created to keep the root directory clean? Or should I just install this without a catlog directory?

2.) I tried to install it in the root htdocs directory and got the following errors during the installation:

Warning: fopen("/u/home/i/inne1/public_html/includes/configure.php", "w") - Permission denied in /usr/u/home/i/inne1/public_html/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 209

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /usr/u/home/i/inne1/public_html/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 210

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /usr/u/home/i/inne1/public_html/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 211

Warning: fopen("/u/home/i/inne1/public_html/admin/includes/configure.php", "w") - Permission denied in /usr/u/home/i/inne1/public_html/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 259

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /usr/u/home/i/inne1/public_html/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 260

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /usr/u/home/i/inne1/public_html/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 261

The configuration was successful!

Anyone have any idea why I was getting these errors?

Thanks,

-David

Just re-install into the root directory.

Don't use the catalog directory and your life will be simpler.

TJ

1.)  I followed the INSTALL directions which said to:

cp -R /catalog /usr/apache/htdocs/

and then run install at:

http://www.yourdomain.com/catalog/install/

yet when I copied the catalog directory in this manner it simply put everything in the root of the /htdocs/  directory and did not create a "catalog" subdirectory.  Should this "catalog" subdirectory be created to keep the root directory clean?  Or should I just install this without a catlog directory?

2.)  I tried to install it in the root htdocs directory and got the following errors during the installation:

Warning: fopen("/u/home/i/inne1/public_html/includes/configure.php", "w") - Permission denied in /usr/u/home/i/inne1/public_html/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 209

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /usr/u/home/i/inne1/public_html/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 210

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /usr/u/home/i/inne1/public_html/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 211

Warning: fopen("/u/home/i/inne1/public_html/admin/includes/configure.php", "w") - Permission denied in /usr/u/home/i/inne1/public_html/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 259

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /usr/u/home/i/inne1/public_html/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 260

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /usr/u/home/i/inne1/public_html/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 261

The configuration was successful!

Anyone have any idea why I was getting these errors?

Thanks,

-David

your includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php needs to be 777 permissions.

I set those 2 files to 777 and installed without an error. Yet now when I view the main front page of the catalog I get the following error messages in pink at the top of the page:

Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 3366 is not allowed to access /tmp owned by uid 0 in /usr/u/home/i/inne1/public_html/includes/header.php on line 30

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /u/home/i/inne1/public_html/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

Warning: The sessions directory does not exist: /tmp. Sessions will not work until this directory is created.

1. ) What should I now change the mode of the configure.php file to? 751 755 ??

do I also need to change the permission of ~user/public_html/admin/includes/configure.php ?

(I tried to change both to 751 and 755 and this still did not remove the error message on the main catalog page)

2.) Where should the /tmp file be created? in ~user/tmp or ~user/public_html/tmp ?

I tried to create both yet I still get the error message on the catalog page.

Thanks,

-David

I set those 2 files to 777 and installed without an error.  Yet now when I view the main front page of the catalog I get the following error messages in pink at the top of the page:

Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 3366 is not allowed to access /tmp owned by uid 0 in /usr/u/home/i/inne1/public_html/includes/header.php on line 30

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /u/home/i/inne1/public_html/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

Warning: The sessions directory does not exist: /tmp. Sessions will not work until this directory is created.

1. ) What should I now change the mode of the configure.php file to?  751  755 ??

do I also need to change the permission of ~user/public_html/admin/includes/configure.php ?

(I tried to change both to 751 and 755 and this still did not remove the error message on the main catalog page)

2.) Where should the /tmp file be created?  in  ~user/tmp  or  ~user/public_html/tmp  ?

I tried to create both yet I still get the error message on the catalog page.

Thanks,

-David

set this in your configure.php

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

and writeprotect that file afterwards

Treasurer MFC

set this in your configure.php

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

and writeprotect that file afterwards

1.)

Put this in which configure.php script ? ~user/public_html/includes/configure.php or ~user/public_html/admin/includes/configure.php?

2.) Any specific line position?

3.) how do I write protect the file in unix? change it from 777 to what? 751?? 755? etc??

Thanks,

-David

1.)

Put this in which configure.php script ?  ~user/public_html/includes/configure.php  or ~user/public_html/admin/includes/configure.php?

2.) Any specific line position?

3.) how do I write protect the file in unix?  change it from 777 to what?  751??  755?  etc?? 

Thanks,

-David

1) both

2) line is already in there just set it to mysql

3) not sure, 444

Treasurer MFC

1) both

2) line is already in there just set it to mysql

3) not sure,  444

1.) did it.

2.) fixed that line

3.) Can't figure out the mode for those two files. Currently set to 444 yet still getting the following error on the first catalog page:

-David

1.) did it.

2.) fixed that line

3.) Can't figure out the mode for those two files.? Currently set to 444 yet still getting the following error on the first catalog page:

-David

I have tried chmod 751, 755, 750, 644, 711, & 444 on these two files and nothing has gotten rid of this error. I am running FreeBSD Unix. Please advise.

Thanks,

-David

Archived