• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate : cannot upload

Hello,

InstalledEasyPopulate v2_74_MS2_1.

I can download file and open it with Excel (text format with tabs).

I delete all the products from admin panel and I upload the file I previously downloaded without any modification, but nothing will be imported.

In the admin panel, I get the following message:

Easy Populate 2.74-MS2 - Default Language : Fran?ais(1)

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpkj6N2c

User filename: EP2004Dec24-0909.txt

Size: 3189

and in httpd log:

[client 192.168.0.101] PHP Warning:  move_uploaded_file(/var/www/html/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2004Dec24-0909.txt) [<a href='function.move-uploaded-file'>function.move-uploaded-file</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32, referer: http://192.168.0.200/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php?split=0

[client 192.168.0.101] PHP Warning:  move_uploaded_file() [<a href='function.move-uploaded-file'>function.move-uploaded-file</a>]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpPsMmR5' to '/var/www/html/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2004Dec24-0909.txt' in /var/www/html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32, referer: http://192.168.0.200/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php?split=0

[client 192.168.0.101] PHP Warning:  file(/var/www/html/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2004Dec24-0909.txt) [<a href='function.file'>function.file</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 657, referer: http://192.168.0.200/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php?split=0

[client 192.168.0.101] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 680, referer: http://192.168.0.200/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php?split=0

Thanks for your help.

Hello,

InstalledEasyPopulate v2_74_MS2_1.

I can download file and open it with Excel (text format with tabs).

I delete all the products from admin panel and I upload the file I previously downloaded without any modification, but nothing will be imported.

In the admin panel, I get the following message:

and in httpd log:

Thanks for your help.

Anatolius,

I too have had this problem, searched the database and found little to help. So I had a go myself. Now, while I work in IT (indeed e-procurement), I have little experience with osCommerce but have found that the following is working for me. Where you see 'catalog' in the pathname on the error, I checked and have no physical directory called 'catalog'. I believe this to be a generic name for the top-level directory. So, as my top level directory is 'enteropenevents', I changed the configuration settings in easypopulate.php for $tempdir and $tempdir2, changing 'catalog' to 'enteropenevents'.

I can now load ok, hope it works for you.

I am also getting file upload errors with easy populate. Is there a soulution to this?

Here is the error I get when attempting to upload:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpSSJIfH

User filename: EP2004Dec30-1604u.txt

Size: 977

Warning: file(): Unable to access /home/virtual/site9/fst/var/www/html/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2004Dec30-1604u.txt in /home/virtual/site9/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 657

Warning: file(/home/virtual/site9/fst/var/www/html/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2004Dec30-1604u.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site9/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 657

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/virtual/site9/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 680

And if I use temp dir. then I get this error:

Easy Populate 2.74-MS2 - Default Language : English(1)

Filename: EP2004Dec30-1604u.txt

Warning: file(): Unable to access /home/virtual/site9/fst/var/www/html/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2004Dec30-1604u.txt in /home/virtual/site9/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 675

Warning: file(/home/virtual/site9/fst/var/www/html/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2004Dec30-1604u.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site9/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 675

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/virtual/site9/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 680

• 2 weeks later...

I have this same problem:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpkj6N2c

User filename: EP2004Dec24-0909.txt

Size: 3189

with no import of data.

Does anybody know how I can fix it?

Ricky

Warning: file(): Unable to access /home/virtual/site9/fst/var/www/html/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2004Dec30-1604u.txt in /home/virtual/site9/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 675

I'm getting this problem also - I think the problem lies with the duplicate entry here "/catalog//catalog/" - It should just be "/catalog/" I think - but I ain't a programmer and have no idea of where to look to solve this :'(

I'm going to look in the contribution support forum

here is the official support thread for easypopulate, please post any and all questions/comments there.

also all your questions are answered in the same support thread.

the contribution has not changed, it is all in how you have your system setup.

and most have problems with the document root, thus post your admin/includes/configure.php in the support thread as well as that your temp file settings are in your easypopulate.php file

AGAIN POST IN THE OFFICIAL SUPPORT THREAD:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=64945

OK - its nothing to do with Easy Populate - its to do with your configure.php

/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

in this line

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/user/www/public_html/'); // where the pages are located on the server

I had it pointing to my oscommerce install like this

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/user/www/public_html/catalog/'); // where the pages are located on the server

whereas it should have been as the top line - pointing to my document root only.

It worked for me :)

Edited by Tye

you will still have problems, as your document root is still not right. search your server info in admin/tools and you will see.

easypopulate doesnt work properly unless you have proper definitions.

and most change their document root and it doesnt need to be changed from doing the default installation

Edited by Mibble

Sorry for replying again here Mibble - but I thought this was related to this thread.

How is my document root still wrong?

you will still have problems, as your document root is still not right.  search your server info in admin/tools and you will see.

easypopulate doesnt work properly unless you have proper definitions.

and most change their document root and it doesnt need to be changed from doing the default installation