osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can anyone recommend a good CSS book?

CorpBoy

my favorite is : Designing Without Tables Using CSS

by Dan Shafer

published by sitepoint: http://www.sitepoint.com/books/css1/

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

I guess it's personal, but I really like "Eric Meyer on CSS", subtitel "Mastering the Language of Web Design". ( http://www.meyerweb.com )

Eric Meyer discusses 13 practical CSS projects, step by step. Some basic HTML and CSS knowledge is required (available at w3schools.com for example).

Honestly? Goto amazon man. Type in CSS and browse the reviews. There's everything you need to know. I personally like to start off with the 'dummies' books whenever I breach a new subject that I want a hardcopy version to read about. Mostly I learn everything through forums. This is about the only 'new' thing that I haven't been able to sift through the good and the bad to decipher what is good and what isn't.

OSC rocks. The documentation is lacking heavily and assumes great knowledge of php. That said - I'm prolly going to hit amazon myself here in a bit hehe.

GL to ya.

S

Old, but still "the" standard book:

W3C, H?kon Wium Lee and Bert Bos: Cascading Style Sheets (Designing for the Web, 2nd ed.), Addison-Wesley, ISBN 0-201-59625-3.

You should check if there's a newer edition, mine is quite old (ond more than slightly foxed) in the meantime...

And if you really want to read something: Get all the 'usuability guru' Jakob Nielsen has to say, mainly

Jakob Nielsen: Designing Web Usability (The Practice of Simplicity), New Riders, ISBN 1-56205-810-X.

Also always worth a look:

The W3C on CSS

Jeffrey Zeldman's A List Apart

Happy realizing! :-)

I don't want to set the world on fire—I just want to start a flame in your heart.

osCommerce Contributions:

Class cc_show() v1.0 – Show Credit Cards, Gateways

More Product Weight v1.0

Archived