• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

BOTH ADMIN PAGE AND CATALOG PAGE ARE SHOWING BLANK

sk8erfrank

Hi all.

I am new to OSC. I had it installed successfully, managed to view the catalog page, but there was a problem with viewing the admin page,,it showed blank....fortunately,,found a fix on this forum, and managed to see the admin page after modifying line 31 in admin/includes/classes/upload.php

like this:

//$this = null;

But after a few changes in the admin page ie. changing the zone, payment method, name of shop....add some products........both catalog page and admin page never turned up again,,,whenever i go to the catalog/ and catalog/admin pages, it just show a blank page,,,(with no word atall)

any suggestions

,please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps display_errors is set to "Off" in the php.ini file. No way you will see the error messages of PHP then. The result is just an empty page (IMO).

If error logging is enabled, give it a place and file name (setting in php.ini, provided you can touch that of course) to log those errors. If you get a blank page, you can then at least see what PHP was trying to tell you. To my knowledge, that is what I think is the trouble with those blank pages. Pretty frustrating....

But after a few changes in the admin page ie. changing the zone, payment method, name of shop....add some products........both catalog page and admin page never turned up again

I bet you used the osCommerce File Manager to edit some other pages? The File Manager causes errors to creep into files.

Restore the pages you edited by uploading untouched copies (download the zip file if you need to). Then, when you need to edit them again, only do so via downloading by FTP, and editing in a plaintext editor (Notepad not Wordpad).

Vger

Archived