• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Modifying OSC's tables..

Sincraft

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with moving around some of the options OSC has - like the 'what's new' are or the search bar. Where is this done? What files? What should I be looking for in the knowledge base. I'm sure with time I will grow accustom to this program but right now it's against the current process of research and understand I am used to when working with an unknown platform.

Also: Are there contribs out there that allow you to add different options in those areas?

For example: I'd like to remove the languages area totally - only allowing english and not giving a single little brit flag there. I'm thinking of replacing that with a "30" minute special area. A 'Lost leader' area (for those with marketing backgrounds)

S

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with moving around some of the options OSC has - like the 'what's new' are or the search bar.  Where is this done?  What files?  What should I be looking for in the knowledge base.  I'm sure with time I will grow accustom to this program but right now it's against the current process of research and understand I am used to when working with an unknown platform.

Also: Are there contribs out there that allow you to add different options in those areas?

For example: I'd like to remove the languages area totally - only allowing english and not giving a single little brit flag there.  I'm thinking of replacing that with a "30" minute special area.  A 'Lost leader' area (for those with marketing backgrounds)

S

Look inside the catalog/includes/column_left.php and column_right.php. Adjust these to what you want to see insde the left or right column by commenting out what you don't want/need and cut and paste from one to the other in case you want to switch what is left or right. To create new boxes there is information inside the knowledgebase and probably one or more contribs which might suit your needs (with or without some alterations).

Archived