• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is this an easy fix?

Is there an easy way to have the customers listed in ascending or descending order by date (account created) instead of last name (default)?

Our customer base is getting a little larger and I need to start maintaining it better.

Thanks in advance!

Is there an easy way to have the customers listed in ascending or descending order by date (account created) instead of last name (default)?

Our customer base is getting a little larger and I need to start maintaining it better.

Thanks in advance!

change the query in customers.php

$customers_query_raw = "select c.customers_id, c.customers_lastname, c.customers_firstname, c.customers_email_address, a.entry_country_id from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " c left join " . TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK . " a on c.customers_id = a.customers_id and c.customers_default_address_id = a.address_book_id " . $search . " order by c.customers_lastname, c.customers_firstname";

Treasurer MFC

Thank you for the reply Amanda.

I have tried but can not seem to figure it out completely. What should I do with the info provided? I'm kind of new at PHP.

Thanks!

Thank you for the reply Amanda.

I have tried but can not seem to figure it out completely. What should I do with the info provided? I'm kind of new at PHP.

Thanks!

the query fetches all customers sorted on lastname and first name.

after this query another is done to get the account create date etc. that info is in the customers_info table.

so if you want the list to be sorted on account create date, you need to combine the 2 queries in a table join and sort it on the create date.

Treasurer MFC

the query fetches all customers sorted on lastname and first name.

after this query another is done to get the account create date etc. that info is in the customers_info table.

so if you want the list to be sorted on account create date, you need to combine the 2 queries in a table join and sort it on the create date.

Thanks again, Amanda.

I had a chance again to look at the code in question and realized an easier solution...

just changed

order by c.customers_lastname, c.customers_firstname";

to

order by c.customers_id";

and voila...

all sorted by customer id # which is just as good as sorting by date.

I'm such a goof! :blush:

Archived