• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PAYPAL PROBLEM

andes1

Hello :'(

I have a problem whit my paypal service:

I use to buy gifts to people who live in other countries different than his own country. Also these gifts are delivered to their parents in his maternal country.

For example Bolivian people who lives in the UK, and want to send a gift to his mother in Bolivia.

I have the oscommerce team?s ipn for paypal.

But there in the payment page of paypal appear the following:

?Your purchase will be shipped to this address.?

(The same address that have to match whit the credit card holder address)

A lot of costumers just run away because of that.

I don?t know how to do to fix that situation:

I have thought:

1. Avoid Products Weight just like as a download.

2. Set up a pop up explaining the situation and asking to ignore the ?Your purchase will be shipped to this address.? because you already filled your shipping information.

3. Avoid the use of the ipn and use again the traditional system that give you the option of choose. Shipping is not required.

Shipping Required?

Shipping is not required. (e.g. online download, gift certificate, payment for a service, etc.)

Shipping is required. (Please enter address below.)

Can you give me some advises for this concern.

Hello  :'(

I use to buy gifts to people who live in other countries different than his own country. Also these gifts are delivered to their parents in his maternal country.

For example Bolivian people who lives in the UK, and want to send a gift to his mother in Bolivia.

I have the oscommerce team?s ipn for paypal.

But there in the payment page of paypal appear the following:

?Your purchase will be shipped to this address.?

(The same address that have to match whit the credit card holder address)

A lot of costumers just run away because of that.

I don?t know how to do to fix that situation:

I have thought:

1. Avoid Products Weight just like as a download.

2. Set up a pop up explaining the situation and asking to ignore the ?Your purchase will be shipped to this address.? because you already filled your shipping information.

3. Avoid the use of the ipn and use again the traditional system that give you the option of choose. Shipping is not required.

Shipping Required? 

Shipping is not required. (e.g. online download, gift certificate, payment for a service, etc.)

Shipping is required. (Please enter address below.)

Thanks  :rolleyes:

How are you getting the items to the customer?

=========

Thanks,

William.

I think she is saying that people buy things that they want to send to addresses other than their own/credit card address but the PayPal message indicates that the shipment will go to their credit card address and so they do not proceed with the sale.

She thinks that this is a problem with the PayPal IPN contribution and wonders if she should go back to the "old" PayPal way where you can choose shipping addresses.

(Hope I got that right)

Hello  :'(

Thanks  :rolleyes:

I would like to know the answer to this too. The only thing I can think of is to set up your own merchant account so you can accept your own credit cards but I hear it is expensive. :'(

I would like to know the answer to this too. The only thing I can think of is to set up your own merchant account so you can accept your own credit cards but I hear it is expensive.  :'(

This is easy and won't take me long at all to fix... maybe 5 minutes..

=========

Thanks,

William.

Archived