• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

User permission

Hi - I have used oscommerce before and built a store, but i haver installed a newer version and am trying to set it up on another server and I am getting this error, thank for the help:

Error: I can not write to this file. Please set the right user permissions on: /home/vinomiam/public_html/ecommerce/os/catalog/includes/languages/english/default.php

Dont know how to do this....Michael

Hi - I have used oscommerce before and built a store, but i haver installed a newer version and am trying to set it up on another server and I am getting this error, thank for the help:

Error: I can not write to this file. Please set the right user permissions on: /home/vinomiam/public_html/ecommerce/os/catalog/includes/languages/english/default.php

Dont know how to do this....Michael

You can change permissions with your ftp program or the file manager in you hosting control panel.

If you have a default.php file you are using a pretty old version of osC. I would go to the milestone version found HERE and use it instead.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Ok, I am downloading a new version, thanks. Happy Holidays!

You can change permissions with your ftp program or the file manager in you hosting control panel.

If you have a default.php file you are using a pretty old version of osC. I would go to the milestone version found  HERE and use it instead.

Oh wait, another question: Once I download oscommerce-2.2ms2, when I copy it over via FTP, do I just copy the "catalog" folder, I copied the whole oscommerce-2.2ms2 folder into my webserver, will it matter?

If you want your 'store' to be in the root of your domain (accessible at www.yourdomain.com/index.php) then you should upload the contents of the 'catalog' folder, but not the folder itself. If you want it to be accessible via www.yourdomain.com/catalog/index.php then upload the files and the folder.

Vger

ahh..ok, thanks, learn something new everyday.

If you want your 'store' to be in the root of your domain (accessible at www.yourdomain.com/index.php) then you should upload the contents of the 'catalog' folder, but not the folder itself.  If you want it to be accessible via www.yourdomain.com/catalog/index.php then upload the files and the folder.

Vger

I downloaded the newest version and I am still having that permission issue on the index.php adn i dont see where to edit permissions on the file manager in the hosting control panel

Ok I think I got there - trying to figure out the numbers reading the ? - do not quite understand it though, what number to use so that I may edit the index

Archived