• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

footer date format

My guess is that it is footer.php

Guess again, look in your english.php file it is at the top.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Guess again, look in your english.php file it is at the top.

I don't need to - it is not my question. But the answer really depends on which date he is referring to with the system.

If you intend to be helpful rather than simply sarcastic maybe you could give the actual path name instead of a non-unique name of a file? Of course he can work it out by trial and error.

:rolleyes:

I don't need to - it is not my question. But the answer really depends on which date he is referring to with the system.

If you intend to be helpful rather than simply sarcastic maybe you could give the actual path name instead of a non-unique name of a file?  Of course he can work it out by trial and error.

:rolleyes:

Somehow my answer was less helpful than yours?

There is only one english.php in the catalog section of osC plus the one in the admin so it is a pretty easy file to find. I am sure if the original poster has not been able to find it there would have been another question asking where the english.php file I specified was located.

The original poster asked about changing the format of the date and that is found in the following code found in the english.php file ( or other language files for non english sites)

define('DATE_FORMAT_SHORT', '%m/%d/%Y'); // this is used for strftime()

define('DATE_FORMAT_LONG', '%A %d %B, %Y'); // this is used for strftime()

define('DATE_FORMAT', 'm/d/Y'); // this is used for date()

define('DATE_TIME_FORMAT', DATE_FORMAT_SHORT . ' %H:%M:%S');

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Well first off my answer was not wrong as it depends on what he meant by date format. If he just wanted to change the main date of the system to a different format which is displayed on the bottom of the screen then footer.php is where he goes.

If he wants to change the standard date format, as in from mm/dd/yy to dd/mm/yy, then english.php is where he goes.

If he wants to change any other date in the system then he had to track down where they are mapped to the english.php formats and make the changes. He might also have to consider database implications of doing so.

My answer was far more helpful than yours as it would have raised his awareness to these issues whereas yours was simplistic in the extreme.

My answer was also far more polite as I did not comment on the poster but on the post. Yours was impoilte as it talked about a poster i..e me who was trying to help someone whose question had not been answered after days of waiting.

So after reading this if the only urge you have is to have another go at me instead of providing more information to the poster about date format changes then try and restrain yourself and use the energy elsewhere to a better good.

Archived