• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

password protect admin

tury69

I did a search on this topic however it rendered little help, i used the two contribs i found and one seems to work ok but if you type in another admin page it'll still go to it without asking for a password making it useless and the other contrib makes you go to a webpage to type in your password making me weary of others getting a hold of your password. i am running OSCommerce 2.2 MS2 anyone know how to make this work any help or maybe links to other topics would be much apreciated. thank you.

I did a search on this topic however it rendered little help, i used the two contribs i found and one seems to work ok but if you type in another admin page it'll still go to it without asking for a password making it useless and the other contrib makes you go to a webpage to type in your password making me weary of others getting a hold of your password. i am running OSCommerce 2.2 MS2 anyone know how to make this work any help or maybe links to other topics would be much apreciated. thank you.

Have you checked your hosting control panel to see if you there is a tool there to protect your folders. If you have cpanel there is for sure.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

i am using H-Sphere control panel i'm trying to find the section where to do this but that sounds about right thanks

I am pretty sure h-sphere does have a way to password protect your folders.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

I am pretty sure h-sphere does have a way to password protect your folders.

In H-Sphere, go to File Manager. Then go to your root directory and select the checkbox by the folder you want to protect. Click on Protect at the bottom of the screen. The protection screen will open. Then click on ADD+ at the top of the page. It will ask you for a username and password. Then save it and you are done.

Archived