• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PHP Upgrade to 4.3.10 - Now OSC no longer works.

Lojak-OSC

Hi all,

I was upgrading PHP from v4.3.7 to 4.3.10 (as a CGI), and I've discovered that OSC will not work. Unfortunately the previous admin did not keep a copy of the original 4.3.7 source with all the configured options documented, so it that sense I'm flying blind, but on other systems (where OSC is run as a module), I haven't had an issue. In this case, the only option is to run OSC as a CGI* [edit] (which it has successfully done under 4.3.7), so please do not suggest running it otherwise -- I can't.

Yes, register_globals is configured for this particular site and a quick phpinfo() test confirms this.

This is the kind of error I see in the site's logs under 4.3.10:

PHP Fatal error:  main(): Failed opening required 'includes/configure.php' (include_path='/usr/local/php/php4.3.10-register_globals_on/lib/php:/php/includes') in /website/shop/public_html/store/includes/application_top.php on line 29

PHP Warning:  main(includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /website/shop/public_html/store/includes/application_top.php on line 29

Here's a list of the modules compiled into PHP under 4.3.7 and 4.3.10:

------

Zend Optimizer

ctype

curl

gettext

imap

mysql

overload

pcre

posix

session

standard

sysvsem

tokenizer

xml

[Zend Modules]

Zend Extension Manager

Zend Optimizer

--------

[php Modules]

ctype

curl

ftp

gd

gettext

imap

mbstring

mysql

overload

pcre

posix

session

standard

sysvsem

tokenizer

xml

zlib

[Zend Modules]

Again, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

-- S.

Can't comment on running it as a cgi, haven't done that. However, I do know that php 4.3.10 was released on exactly the same day as php5 (oddly enough). Therefore (not sure, but worth a try), maybe the php5 fix will help you.

Comment out $this to //$this on line 31 of admin/includes/classes/upload.php

Vger

Can't comment on running it as a cgi, haven't done that.  However, I do know that php 4.3.10 was released on exactly the same day as php5 (oddly enough).  Therefore (not sure, but worth a try), maybe the php5 fix will help you.

Comment out $this to //$this on line 31 of admin/includes/classes/upload.php

Vger

Thanks, but no luck.

It's really quite bothersome, because I'm only upgrading PHP from 4.3.7 to 4.3.10, with (as far as I can tell), no difference to the configurations.

If anyone has ideas, please let me know.

-- S.

If anyone has ideas
Not really. Just wanted to mention that the include path you showed is rather strange. It couldn't be a problem with the php.ini file?

include_path='/usr/local/php/php4.3.10-register_globals_on/lib/php:/php/includes

Not really. Just wanted to mention that the include path you showed is rather strange. It couldn't be a problem with the php.ini file?

include_path='/usr/local/php/php4.3.10-register_globals_on/lib/php:/php/includes

I noticed that too.. I've corrected it, but still no luck. Really odd.

-- Stephen.

How about the settings in php for open_basedir. If it contains directories rather than NULL then you are restricted to those include directories.

Tom

I would definitely compare your old php.ini with the new one, it is bound to be there someplace.

Treasurer MFC

Hi,

Have just been advised that our server has gone from PHP 4.3.9 to PHP 4.3.10 ; checked out a few osCommerce sites, they seem to be working okay. The Gateway interface is:

GATEWAY_INTERFACE CGI/1.1

so, no doubt that is why it's okay, I assume ?

Peter

I have MS-1, MS-2 and current CVS osCommerce running using PHP 4.3.10 running as cgi mode.

Looking at it the problem is your include path. You should compare that with the original.

Mark Evans

osCommerce Monkey & Lead Guitarist for "Sparky + the Monkeys" (Album on sale in all good record shops)

---------------------------------------

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free. (Linus Torvalds)

My host upgraded to 4.3.10 and my OSC site (and a few others judging by the forums) stopped working.

Details:

OSC 2.2 MS2

I have the Register_globals off contribution installed.

Seems that the problem is related to the version of Zend optimiser.

As soon as they rolled the version back to 4.3.9, upgraded the Zend Optimiser and then moved to 4.3.10 it's all sweet.

Nearly gave me heart-attack. I was working on the site at the time and I thought I'd broken something!

Archived