• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Database connection

Akira71

OK forum users. I know you are all sick of my asking this question, but I feel as if I don't have anyone else to talk to about it so here it goes again.

I have PHP5 and MySQL 4.1.7 nt-max on Windows XP Pro. I am using Apache 1.3.something as my web server. I keep failing when the database connection attempt is being made in database.php. Specifically the following line:

$$link = @mysql_connect($server, $username, $password) or $db_error = mysql_error();

This would seem to suggest my database is not running right or with the right permissions, but using MySQL Admin everything seems to be OK. I even went ahead and tried to log in with root (I know a bad idea.)

I GRANT all for my osCommerce user and I think I covered all my bases. However I am obviously missing something. I do have php_mysqli.dll enabled in the php.ini too. It is something else that is getting in the way I fear.

Any ideas? I am willing to try whatever it takes to get this to run correctly.

Sincerely,

Akira

OK forum users. I know you are all sick of my asking this question, but I feel as if I don't have anyone else to talk to about it so here it goes again.

I have PHP5 and MySQL 4.1.7 nt-max on Windows XP Pro. I am using Apache 1.3.something as my web server. I keep failing when the database connection attempt is being made in database.php. Specifically the following line:

$$link = @mysql_connect($server, $username, $password) or $db_error = mysql_error();

This would seem to suggest my database is not running right or with the right permissions, but using MySQL Admin everything seems to be OK. I even went ahead and tried to log in with root (I know a bad idea.)

I GRANT all for my osCommerce user and I think I covered all my bases. However I am obviously missing something. I do have php_mysqli.dll enabled in the php.ini too. It is something else that is getting in the way I fear.

Any ideas? I am willing to try whatever it takes to get this to run correctly.

Sincerely,

Akira

can you post your configure.php files ?

Treasurer MFC

Try working at it from another angle.

1. Go to phpMyAdmin and Create a blank Database

2. Then import the tables from oscommerce.sql into it using the Browse box

3. Then try to install.

4. If that doesn't work then edit the two configure.php files yourself.

5. In catalog/admin/includes/classes/upload.php on line 31 you'll need to make $this into //$this (because of php5).

Vger

Try working at it from another angle.

1. Go to phpMyAdmin and Create  a blank Database

2.  Then import the tables from oscommerce.sql into it using the Browse box

3.  Then try to install.

4.  If that doesn't work then edit the two configure.php files yourself.

5.  In catalog/admin/includes/classes/upload.php on line 31 you'll need to make $this into //$this (because of php5).

Vger

I do have the PHP5 fix in place. Thank you for that one. I will try the re-import of data. Where is this phpMyAdmin program at? I don't think I have seen it yet. I will poist my configure files soon.

Thank you very much :-)

Archived