• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Tax problem - Help Pleeease!!

harvisingh

Hi,

I have setup the taxe zones and put the corresponding provinces/states under them for a Canadian store, setup the tax class and also the tax rates.

Everything seems to be working fine, except on the confirmation page, the GST (canadian tax) is being added twice i.e., for an Ontario address it's showing:

GST 7% + GST 7% + PST 8% = Total Tax amount

I tried to modify/see the files but it's not helping and I would greatly appreciate any ideas/comments you could give.

Thanks,

Harvi

:(

• 5 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I have the same problem:

Sub-Total: ?7.99

STANDARD TAX RATE + STANDARD + STANDARD: ?4.68

World Zone Rates (Shipping to United States: (calculated by price)): ?14.00

Total: ?26.67

I have turned off all taxes but this has not made a difference. I recently installed the Loyalty Discount contribution but have since removed it in case this was the problem - it has turned out not to be so. I also installed the the World Zone Rates contrib. (which to me seems the likely offender as I use three zones altogether and the tax above has been added three times).

Does anyone have an idea? I have seen a couple of queries from other people about this same problem but not answers anywhere.

Thanks,

Michelle

I have the same problem:

Sub-Total: ?7.99

STANDARD TAX RATE + STANDARD + STANDARD: ?4.68

World Zone Rates (Shipping to United States: (calculated by price)): ?14.00

Total: ?26.67

I have turned off all taxes but this has not made a difference. I recently installed the Loyalty Discount contribution but have since removed it in case this was the problem - it has turned out not to be so. I also installed the the World Zone Rates contrib. (which to me seems the likely offender as I use three zones altogether and the tax above has been added three times).

Does anyone have an idea? I have seen a couple of queries from other people about this same problem but not answers anywhere.

Thanks,

Michelle

I have now completely removed the World Zone Rates con. and restored all my shipping files to how they were before but I still have this same problem.

So

My Store: Country: UK

Zone: Essex

Tax zones: 0

Tax rates: 0

Tax classes: 0

At present I do not want any tax added to my customer's orders so if someone can help me turn it off completely or do something to the code I'd be grateful. Believe me I have searched and searched this forum for an answer but I cannot find anything and I am getting desperate now.

Please help!!

• 11 months later...
I have now completely removed the World Zone Rates con. and restored all my shipping files to how they were before but I still have this same problem.

So

My Store: Country: UK

Zone: Essex

Tax zones: 0

Tax rates: 0

Tax classes: 0

At present I do not want any tax added to my customer's orders so if someone can help me turn it off completely or do something to the code I'd be grateful. Believe me I have searched and searched this forum for an answer but I cannot find anything and I am getting desperate now.

Please help!!

did you find a solution to this problem?

did you find a solution to this problem?

Hello All,

Try this... my shop has tax for Europe and no tax for the other zones and it works like a charm.

In Admin panel, Location and Taxes :

-TAX ZONES : I have defined Zone 1 France and Europe, then other zones 2.3.4 etc according to shipping needs,

- TAX CLASS : VAT (just one, VAT which is treating the TVA for France and Europe)

- TAX RATES : the Class is VAT, followed by Zone 1 - 19.6%

the next lines are still Class VAT, Zone 2 - 0.00%, followed by the same for Zone 3 and so forth, in that manner ONLY adresses in European countries defined in Zone 1 have tax added at checkout.

The store is configured to show prices shown without tax (clearly noted shown without tax)

All our orders have been processed without a glitch with this configuration.

Hope it helps.

Im having the same problem as Harvi

Tax is displayed, and charged twice at confirmation

ie. GST 7% + GST 7% = Total Tax amount

ADMIN SETUP...

In Config- My Store- Prices are set to add taxes at end (in confirmation page)

Taxes for each product are set in each product catalog

Tax Zones, Class, Rates- all set with separate priority numbers ( so Tax rates are compounded not added).

All Tax Zones have same Tax Class

No duplication of Tax Zones on Tax Rates page

Order Total Module -are set in sequence

Shipping calculations to Cart/Confirmation - all work fine

I use MultiGeo Zone Multi Table Shipping Module (MGZMT)

18 Geozones are set in MGZMT- I only use 14 , with 4 spare

The MGZMT sections are all defined in various language MGZMT.php's

Possible problem ? : Could the spare Geozones be calling a MGZMT in-built "Rest Of World" feature ??

Or is this duplication of tax display and charges related to something else ?

Any help would be very much appreciated

Merci

Nadege

Hi,

I have setup the taxe zones and put the corresponding provinces/states under them for a Canadian store, setup the tax class and also the tax rates.

Everything seems to be working fine, except on the confirmation page, the GST (canadian tax) is being added twice i.e., for an Ontario address it's showing:

GST 7% + GST 7% + PST 8% = Total Tax amount

I tried to modify/see the files but it's not helping and I would greatly appreciate any ideas/comments you could give.

Thanks,

Harvi

:(

I ran some tests with MultiGEoZone Multi Table (MGZMT) and its not the problem

Im still getting tax displaying, and charged, twice in the Cart Confirmation page.

Other installed contributions include...

QT Pro

Paypal IPN v1.3

Quickbooks qbi_v2_10b

Header Tags Controller v2.5.9

Max in Cart

All Products v4.4

Down for Maintenance

One CLick Cart- checkout alternative v2.0

Any feedback would be really appreciated

Many Thanks

Nadege

Well, we been having some very serious tax problems.

At check out when the customer confrims order the tax can vary from 8% up to 37%!! Even thought its turned off!

We have noticed a serious drop in sales and now we kow why. Its seems some products go through ok, while others have crazy tax added.

Can anybody please help??

Ive been over this forum, reset the taxes, removed them altogether. Nothing works.

Anybody Please?

Thanks,

Lee.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have just solved my previous issue of tax displayed twice and added twice to checkout_confirmation total.

Embarrassingly simple, but

I thought Id post the solution to help any future punters tripping over the same issue

(Ive noticed a few lurking sadly in past forums ).

FIX

I have many Tax zones

I had moved all the countries in one Tax zone to other Tax zones

Instead of deleting the empty Tax zone, Id left it standing.

This was the mistake.

Once I had deleted the empty Tax zone,

and the corresponding Tax Rate settings Id constructed for it,

the problem disappeared.

I hope this helps

Im having the same problem as Harvi

Tax is displayed, and charged twice at confirmation

ie. GST 7% + GST 7% = Total Tax amount