• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osCommerce 2.2-MS2 updater??

Hi,

I need a database updater that updates my current database which is used for oscommerce version 2.2 CVS to a database that works with osCommerce 2.2-MS2.

Help!!! :'( Is this even possible? I don't know...

Also, if i convert my old database to the new version, can i automatically use the new version of the database to be imported when installing the shop freshly?

Hi,

I need a database updater that updates my current database which is used for oscommerce version 2.2 CVS to a database that works with osCommerce 2.2-MS2.

Help!!!  :'(  Is this even possible?  I don't know...

Also, if i convert my old database to the new version, can i automatically use the new version of the database to be imported when installing the shop freshly?

If it was me I would not try to upgrade your store. The best thing to do is install your new store then transfer over the info that you need to save such as product and customer info. Make a copy of the database with the info then strip all the uneeded tables from it then match up the tables to your new database making sure the fields for each table are the same. Once that is done you can export from the old database and import into the new one. I have done it and it can take an hour or two depending on how many fields you need to add to the old database.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Archived