• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

can somebody tell me

jill

what this means?

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/wrappe3/public_html/store/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

This means that you need to change the permissions of the configure.php file on your server. On some machines this has to be done by a system admin

the command to use would be

chmod

Perform a google search on this command and it should help to explain things for you.

what this means?

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/wrappe3/public_html/store/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

Are Oompa-Loompa's asexual?

It's not that difficult once you have done it once or twice but initially it can be quite itimidating. Most likely, the permissions can be easily set through your hosts admin panel. If you don't know how to get to it, contact your host and explain to them that you need to have permissions for the includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php files set to read only. Most hosts will do it for you but they should at least tell you the best way to go about doing it for your setup. If you can't make any progress doing it that way, come back here and someone will talk you through another approach. Hang in there. :)

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

If there are numbers next to the file usually '644' or '755', try setting it to '777'.

chmod 777 as you mentioned would actually make it worse - it makes the files read/write/execute by anyone.

If I remember correctly, the correct command is chmod 744 configure.php (this should make it read/write for the owner, and read only for the rest)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived