• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Creating a "Link Exchange" in Sub-Directory

totenmaske

I'm fairly new to PHP (don't shoot me!) and osCommerce especially. I'm in the process of setting up a website for my wife to retail some gift items using osCommerce. Normally I code in straight HTML (HomeSite 5.0) so a lot of the PHP include stuff is tripping me up. What I'm trying to do is use ARELIS to create a link partners page in a sub-directory. I've uploaded a test page (index.php) in a sub called "directory" but I'm getting all kinds of errors

Warning: main(includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/domain/public_html/includes/application_top.php on line 29

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/configure.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/domain/public_html/includes/application_top.php on line 29

I want to mimic the look and feel of the rest of the osCommerce site...so how do I map the includes to work correctly from a sub?

Stan

I'm fairly new to PHP (don't shoot me!) and osCommerce especially.  I'm in the process of setting up a website for my wife to retail some gift items using osCommerce.  Normally I code in straight HTML (HomeSite 5.0) so a lot of the PHP include stuff is tripping me up.  What I'm trying to do is use ARELIS to create a link partners page in a sub-directory.  I've uploaded a test page (index.php) in a sub called "directory" but I'm getting all kinds of errors

I want to mimic the look and feel of the rest of the osCommerce site...so how do I map the includes to work correctly from a sub?

Stan

Since you are in a sub-directory, you the needed files cannot be seen. You will need to add a ../ to cause the code to look up one level.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

Thanks for the reply. I thought of adding the ../ but I'm still getting errors. I'm going to try something simple first like seeing if I can get the header by itself to display on the page.

But you agree it should be able to be done?

OK...tried something simple

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../stylesheet.php">

<?php require('../includes/header.php'); ?>

got this

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/enchant/public_html/includes/header.php on line 58

...and I though this was going to be easy like SSI!

Sorry, but on thinking about this I don't think you can do it, at least not easily. The problem is that when you include a file like application_top, it has other includes that don't inherit the relative path. You could go through all of the files that are called in your code and change any include/require to go up one level. There is also a contribution (quite a few actually) here that says it will allow you to do what you want. I don't have anymore ideas at the moment though.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

well... here is what I did to create a page that had the same look as the rest of the site...

if I forget something please somone correct me:

I used the same principle of creating a new info box....

I copied and renamed a clean page of privacy.php in /catalog and in language/english and catalog/includes/boxes ..before It was changed...

I then adjusted the files ..... I took a look at the logical flow of the files and ....just got it to work with some trial and error :thumbsup:

:::Edited:::

and renamed the files to the new name of course :P

Yes, there is nothing wrong with creating files like this in the root directory as you have done. But I though you wanted it in a sub-directory? Also, if you are using privacy.php as a guide to create a page, it doesn't have a reference in boxes/ so I'm not sure what you changed there but it was probably not needed. See my PageMaker contrtbution in my signature if you want a quick and easy way to generate new pages.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, there is nothing wrong with creating files like this in the root directory as you have done. But I though you wanted it in a sub-directory?

OOOPS. :P Not me..but person who started this thread....

Also, if you are using privacy.php as a guide to create a page, it doesn't have a reference in boxes/ so I'm not sure what you changed there but it was probably not needed

Hmm...I took a look at my backup copy of a fresh install of osC....and your right? I dont remember why???I know I got some error.....????????? ...... So out of curiosity...I took out the new page in boxes...and got this error:

Warning: main(includes/boxes/scholars.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/15/d113630270/htdocs/catalog/includes/column_left.php on line 18

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/boxes/scholars.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /homepages/15/d113630270/htdocs/catalog/includes/column_left.php on line 18

and as I was remember the whole thing..........I remember the error...but if it was privacy...where did I get the code from ..since there is not privacy.php in boxes.....and IT HIT ME....It wasnt privacy... it was " information.php " that I based everything on :blush:

See my PageMaker contrtbution in my signature if you want a quick and easy way to generate new pages.

Will do next time :thumbsup:

But I did have fun doing it on my own!!! This is FUN!

Archived