• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

title of website oscommerce??

johnnyzmodz

alright i just set up this site and when i go to it it says oscommerce at the very top in the title bar of IE but my website name is www.johnnyzmodz.com and thats what i want it to show! how do i change this? also i have a problem when i set a price for an item, when you go to the store it shows the item as 0 dollars? whats up with that? thanks!

Edit your catalog/includes/languages/[language].php file for the title.

What did you enter for the price and how did it appear on the product preview screen when you made the entry?

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Edit your catalog/includes/languages/[language].php file for the title.

What did you enter for the price and how did it appear on the product preview screen when you made the entry?

it has two spots for price it has net price and gross price and i typed in 49.99 for both and when i pressed preview it shows price 0 and same with on the main page.. then when i go back into the item to edit again it automatically changed the net price to 49.9999 and the product price gross as 49 please help me out, thanks alot!

oh and also i couldn't find catalogue? when i ftp in theres a bunch of folders but no catalogue folder, and when i to admin on the site theres a catelogue menu item but no languanges icon, could you tell me more detailed? thanks alot!

alright i think i found the place you are talking about during ftp to my website, and i dont think you know what i mean, when you open IE and type in my website and then it loads, on the same bar as the minimize, maximize and exit buttons on IE on the far left side it says oscommerce and i want it to say johnnyzmodz, how do i change this? also my website doesn't take up the whole page, just down the center, and then theres about a 2 inch gap on either side and it has a background on it, but i would like my website to take up the whole page.

goto:

catalog/includes/languages/english.php<--or whatever language you use

and change the line:

define('TITLE', 'OsCommerce');

to

define('TITLE', 'johnnyzmodz');

and as for your site size, you have your top table set:

<table border="0" width="763" id="table1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" bgcolor="#000000">

change the width to 100%

it has two spots for price it has net price and gross price and i typed in 49.99 for both and when i pressed preview it shows price 0 and same with on the main page.. then when i go back into the item to edit again it automatically changed the net price to 49.9999 and the product price gross as 49 please help me out, thanks alot!

Just enter in the net price osC figures out the gross price depending on how you set up your taxes.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

oh and also i couldn't find catalogue? when i ftp in theres a bunch of folders but no catalogue folder, and when i to admin on the site theres a catelogue menu item but no languanges icon, could you tell me more detailed? thanks alot

If your catalogue is installed directly into your site root, then there will be no catalog folder. Check the folders you have got and you should have an 'includes'

within that you will have 'languages' folder.

Inside that there are several [language].php files eg english.php

Amend the one that relates to your site's default language as per the instructions above

alright.. thanks so much ill try these things right away, although those prices still arn't working? any ideas? because i would hate to have to reinstall my site again because someone else did it for me and i dont know where he got the skins and stuff from for my site, so that will basically be my only problem left is the prices not working properly, thanks again guys, you are alot of help!

Archived