• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Question about PHP to HTML

wdecicco

:'( I am getting fustrated because programming is not my thing; I know how to use frontpage alittle. I was wondering if I could do the code in frontpage and paste it in php editor and publish it that way.

Thanks

Bill

Frontpage is evil. In addition to adding a *lot* of unnecessary code I do not believe that it supports PHP.

You would really do yourself a favor to get an editor (graphical or text) that is not MS-based and learn to code properly.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Frontpage is evil.  In addition to adding a *lot* of unnecessary code I do not believe that it supports PHP.

You would really do yourself a favor to get an editor (graphical or text) that is not MS-based and learn to code properly.

I am a network person and was trying to start a web store in my extra time because I became disabled and thought I would give this a try but code is not my thing in school I had a c-d average in programming and a's in everything else.

So should I just give up on the php stuff because I just hate code and it sounds like I'll have to learn code to change anything on my OScommerce web store.

But the wierd thing is that I got to change everything on my index page from php to htm or html and can change anything in there but nothing on the rest. So thats whats blowing my mine is why.

thanks

you can do it... thats how I do most of my stuff. All the places where you are allowed to put your own text>>like the catalog main page for example>> I write it up in Frontpage>>I then open up the file I am modifiying in a TextEditor(TextPad - Free Program)>>I then copy and past the code accordingly>>save the file>>Upload the File via a FTP Program>>and voila!

...but now the more I saw what the stuff I wanted to do...like Bold, Colors, ETC I have learned to do it myself. Another side effect, which is why I learned to write it myself, was that Frontpage...if you happen to change the font...will actually cause you to lose the benefit of the css stylesheet....meaning someone using IE with Text size set to Large will not see your page the way you intended..... but the more you learn ...you learn to fix all that....

the more you play around...the more you should learn......

I came from a Frontpage environment of almost two years....I have only now used PHP at all with OSC and other PHP CMSs

Archived