• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

adding textbox to product info

brandi.head

Hello all,

I am working on an OScommerce site for a friend of mine. She sells personalized items: wedding favors, baby shower favors, etc. Each product can be customized with a line of text provided by the customer. How can I modify OScommerce to allow a textbox to record this personalized text? Does anyone know of a module that already exists for this? I realize that changes will have to be made in the database as well as the web pages to record the personalization information. What pages control the display of product information and putting the product in the cart?

Thanks,

Brandi Head

Hello all,

I am working on an OScommerce site for a friend of mine.  She sells personalized items: wedding favors, baby shower favors, etc.  Each product can be customized with a line of text provided by the customer.  How can I modify OScommerce to allow a textbox to record this personalized text?  Does anyone know of a module that already exists for this?  I realize that changes will have to be made in the database as well as the web pages to record the personalization information.  What pages control the display of product information and putting the product in the cart?

Thanks,

Brandi Head

Hi:

I think this is what you are looking for:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2618

Imprint Text Options

you can have a lot of text options, to be assigned with product, and set different options enabled for different products, using checkboxes, when add/edit product. so, for example, you sell mugs with imprinting, then you can assign fields 'name' and 'date of birth' to mug_1 product, 'date' and 'phrase' with mug_2, so customer will fill this fields and it will be stored into db

or maybe this one:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,160

Product Attributes - Option Type Feature

The purpose of this contribution is to allow the use of various option types when setting up product attributes. With the current CVS version of osCommerce, all options are displayed with select lists for user input. This contribution specifically adds the ability to display options with text input boxes. This allows a store owner to collect customization/personalization information for a product from the end user. The contribution is written in such a way that the addition of other option types such as Radio Buttons should be reasonably simple to add.

John

Archived