• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Auspost shipping help

most of our products fit into an envelope, we havent been able to get the aussie post shipping module to get below $2.50

any ideas how we set it to take the standard 50 cent option?

thanks in advance

btw love wombats site!

most of our products fit into an envelope, we havent been able to get the aussie post shipping module to get below $2.50

any ideas how we set it to take the standard 50 cent option?

thanks in advance

btw love wombats site!

have you had a look at the admin / configuration / and set the shipping packaging tare weight to zero (it may be adding some weight onto your product shipping weight.

Or perahps the $2.50 is the minimum envelope that auspost will ship )I think the module gets the rate direct from Auspost).

You don't have a handling fee set up in the module ?

couple or three options to look at

Geoff

Geoff

Telegraph Point 2441

Australia

have you had a look at the admin / configuration / and set the shipping packaging tare weight to zero (it may be adding some weight onto your product shipping weight.

Or perahps the $2.50 is the minimum envelope that auspost will ship )I think the module gets the rate direct from Auspost).

You don't have a handling fee set up in the module ?

couple or three options to look at

Geoff

mmm, it maybe seems to be direct from aus post, is this something we can change in the file?

gaz

mmm, it maybe seems to be direct from aus post, is this something we can change in the file?

gaz

cannot help you there, perhaps there is more info in the contribution files ?

Did you check the admin options for minimal shipping weights and charges, OsC does not set zero by default

Geoff

Telegraph Point 2441

Australia

cannot help you there, perhaps there is more info in the contribution files ?

Did you check the admin options for minimal shipping weights and charges, OsC does not set zero by default

I checked the admin as suggested, but then it dawned on me we are using the Parcelpost mod, not standard post, but still the min should be 1.45

any shall play a bit more

I checked the admin as suggested, but then it dawned on me we are using the Parcelpost mod, not standard post, but still the min should be 1.45

any shall play a bit more

Why not use the table shipping rate option as well.

Looking at the Australian postage charge guide auspost charges $3.40 to all major capital cities for the minimum weight of 250grams.

With table rate you could set your minimum postage price to $1.00 for up tp 125 grams being Australian postage posts letter charge prices.

Edited by WiseWombat

( WARNING )

I think I know what Im talking about.

BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP

• 3 weeks later...

That's exactly what I've done... Use a modded version of the Table Rate files to give the option for letters and Satchels.

I actually have:

apsat.php (Letters and standard Satchells)

epsat.php (Express post Envelopes and Satchels)

apintletter.php (International Letters)

Becuase they're table cost based there's not much code hacking needed and they disable themselves once the customer goes beyond the max weight. ie they're easy to install and manage.

Proved to be the best tweak I could find for shipping small things.

A.