• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problem with adding a new product

okolo

When I add a new product the product image is not uploaded. Product name and description were uploaded OK, but image is not uploaded in admin section and in catalog too. I use Windows Commander 3.50 ftp program. Is there any problem ?

Peter

Are there any errors displayed when you add the new product? Could be a permissions issue with the images directory.

Justin

OK but I don?t know what exactly was happened. When I try to upload a new product image it gives me this annoucements :

Warning: move_uploaded_file(.../catalog/images/4890.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in ...\catalog\admin\includes\classes\upload.php on line 94

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move 'E:\temp\php129.tmp' to '.../catalog/images/4890.jpg' in ...\catalog\admin\includes\classes\upload.php on line 94

I wish I know how to do it. I?ve tried whatever but no results.

Any advice appreciated. Pete

Right click on the images folder in your ftp program. Most ftp programs all you to change the permissions (chmod).

If yours doesn't then get a new ftp program. I use www.smartftp.com which is great!

• 1 month later...
Right click on the images folder in your ftp program.  Most ftp programs all you to change the permissions (chmod).

If yours doesn't then get a new ftp program.  I use www.smartftp.com which is great!

What about on a local IIS 5.0 server running on WinXP? how would you change this setting?? I'm having the same problems and dont really know how to fix it!

Archived