• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Infobox for ebay store link

cmbyrne

I want to place a link to my ebay store on my site, and the only place i can think of is in an infobox, without it being a banner in the footer.

Has anyone done this, or done something like this?

How do you go about doing this?

Christina

I want to place a link to my ebay store on my site, and the only place i can think of is in an infobox, without it being a banner in the footer.

Christina

It is one of things on my todo list and I think the easiest way is to just add it to the information box. I have already placed a link to my old guestbook and my Links page which works as I want. As a base I would suggest you use this

base for all your additions to the Information box. It works perfectly (sample).

• 2 weeks later...
It is one of things on my todo list and I think the easiest way is to just add it to the information box. I have already placed a link to my old guestbook and my Links page which works as I want. As a base I would suggest you use this

base for all your additions to the Information box. It works perfectly (sample).

go to ebay and they will give you a code to copy and paste to your website. then make a new info box with the ebay link buttun inside it. i have one on my site but i have the auction items on the site instead of sending customers away. hope this helps. you can e-mail me if you need the code.

quote=wheeloftime,Dec 12 2004, 11:21 AM]

go to ebay and they will give you a code to copy and paste to your website. then make a new info box with the ebay link buttun inside it. i have one on my site but i have the auction items on the site instead of sending customers away. hope this helps. you can e-mail me if you need the code. you can see mine on my siteMy Webpage

quote=wheeloftime,Dec 12 2004, 11:21 AM]

go to ebay and they will give you a code to copy and paste to your website. then make a new info box with the ebay link buttun inside it. i have one on my site but i have the auction items on the site instead of sending customers away. hope this helps. you can e-mail me if you need the code. you can see mine on my siteMy Webpage

I don't know what you mean by 'instead of sending customers away' but I like your solution better as mine which is within an IFRAME (works good but looks less integrated in the shop as your solution). I'll send you a PM with my email address.

Thanks for the info !

Christina

Christina,

The suggestion for using a link in an infobox is the one that I have adopted.

As for actually showing your eBay (store) listings on your site, please refer to the following eBay-provided solution:

http://affiliates.ebay.com/tools/editor-kit/

You create your own code and eBay dynamically generates the data for your site. Simply create a new php page (based on the About Us suggestion) for this code and link to it from the info box.

Sorry, but I don't have a live site to show you. These images are from my development machine.

image1.gif

image2.gif

Hope that helps!

Larry

Archived