• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping costs per postcode

simonuk1

Does anyone know if there is a way to use postcodes to calculate the shipping cost.

I want to be able to use postcode in a city to charge different prices for shipping.

I hav elooked at zones but cant get my head round how to use them if it is posiible at all. I also thought about hacking the countries and using them as the different postcodes, but the zones etc seem to only let you change the shipping for one zone.

Any help on this would be great.

Cheers

Simon

Does anyone know if there is a way to use postcodes to calculate the shipping cost.

I want to be able to use postcode in a city to charge different prices for shipping.

I hav elooked at zones but cant get my head round how to use them if it is posiible at all. I also thought about hacking the countries and using them as the different postcodes, but the zones etc seem to only let you change the shipping for one zone.

Any help on this would be great.

Cheers

Simon

Hi Simon.

I use this contribution.

SMC shipping module.

It uses UPS zones 2-8 and finds out what zones your in based on zip code.

Perhaps this might be what you are looking for.

Lee

Taking post codes I presume you are in Australia then try on of these contribution for Australia.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community?contri...st&category=all :thumbsup:

( WARNING )

I think I know what Im talking about.

BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP

I am actually in the Uk.

But I presume the contributions that you have mentioned would be able to be used with UK postcodes.

Do these contributions take the postcodes from the cusomters address automatically ?

• 10 months later...

Archived