• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate with mulitple prices/product

Easy Populate isn't updating with new product.

steps to repro:

starting simply -

1. create new product via admin manger.

2.Open ep 2.74 MS2 and Download Complete tab-delimited .txt file to edit.

3. Edit in Excel by adding new field and making product model unique, name and description unique as well

4.Upload via ep and get these results...(no errors)

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /var/tmp/php8PaObN

User filename: EP2004Dec11-0909.txt

Size: 1867

| 1 | al1big.jpg | painting 1 | descriptio | | 300 | 0 | | 12/11/2004 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 0 | | 2 | 25 | | 3 | 50 | | 4 | 75 | | 5 | 95 | | Alma Tadem | 1 | 0 | 2 | 2 | 1 | 0 | default si | 2 | 25 | 1 1/4 x la | 3 | 50 | 1 1/2 x la | 4 | 75 | 1 3/4 x la | 5 | 95 | 2 x larger | Alma Tadem | All Artist | Alma Tadem | | --none-- | Active Updated

| 2 al2big |

5.check online catalog - nothing updated

Note: I'm selling paintings and have 4 sizes for each painting. Also, per easypopulate.php instructions, (// uncomment the customer_price and customer_group to support multi-price per product contrib) uncommented customer_price.

also...here is sample of my tab-delimited .txt file before I edit in Excel and save as txt file.

v_attribute_options_id_1	v_attribute_options_name_1_1	v_attribute_values_id_1_1	v_attribute_values_price_1_1	v_attribute_values_name_1_1_1	v_attribute_values_id_1_2	v_attribute_values_price_1_2	v_attribute_values_name_1_2_1	v_attribute_values_id_1_3	v_attribute_values_price_1_3	v_attribute_values_name_1_3_1	v_attribute_values_id_1_4	v_attribute_values_price_1_4	v_attribute_values_name_1_4_1	v_attribute_values_id_1_5	v_attribute_values_price_1_5	v_attribute_values_name_1_5_1	v_attribute_options_id_2	v_attribute_options_name_2_1	v_attribute_options_id_3	v_attribute_options_name_3_1	v_attribute_values_id_3_1	v_attribute_values_price_3_1	v_attribute_values_name_3_1_1	v_attribute_values_id_3_2	v_attribute_values_price_3_2	v_attribute_values_name_3_2_1	v_attribute_values_id_3_3	v_attribute_values_price_3_3	v_attribute_values_name_3_3_1	v_attribute_values_id_3_4	v_attribute_values_price_3_4	v_attribute_values_name_3_4_1	v_attribute_values_id_3_5	v_attribute_values_price_3_5	v_attribute_values_name_3_5_1	v_manufacturers_name	v_categories_name_1	v_categories_name_2	v_categories_name_3	v_tax_class_title	v_status	EOREOR
1	al1big.jpg	painting 1	description for painting 1  300	0.00  2004-12-11 09:19:22	1	0	1	0  2	25  3	50  4	75  5	95  Alma Tadema	1	0	2	2	1	+0.0000	default size	2	+25.0000	1 1/4 x larger	3	+50.0000	1 1/2 x larger	4	+75.0000	1 3/4 x larger	5	+95.0000	2 x larger	Alma Tadema	All Artists	Alma Tadema  --none--	Active	EOREOR

What am I doing wrong? been on this for about 4 hours now....

ok, still no luck and another 4 hours lost...anyone who can help, i'm happy to pay for dev work. i'm fairly certain i'm close, so can't imagine it would take a lot of time with someone with experience.

this feature is very important to me, as i have 3,000 products to upload - and once it's implemented, probably another 2,000 (selling reproduction artwork, so # of products could be infinite). hope someone can help....

-brett

ok, still no luck and another 4 hours lost...anyone who can help, i'm happy to pay for dev work. i'm fairly certain i'm close, so can't imagine it would take a lot of time with someone with experience.

this feature is very important to me, as i have 3,000 products to upload - and once it's implemented, probably another 2,000 (selling reproduction artwork, so # of products could be infinite). hope someone can help....

-brett

Hi,

the "error" stated in your first post point 4-5 usually is due to, that your temp directory doesn't have right permissions. You must set chmod 777 to this dir. Or if yopu use IE, just right click on this TEMP dir and make sure that you allow write to everyone. (As first step tick al boxes, later you can disable some items).

Alexander

Edited by alex_rus

Hi,

the "error" stated in your first post point 4-5 usually is due to, that your temp directory doesn't have right permissions. You must set chmod 777 to this dir. Or if yopu use IE, just right click on this TEMP dir and make sure that you allow write to everyone. (As first step tick al boxes, later you can disable some items).

Alexander

just verified it's set to chmod "777" ..., what error am i receiving...i didn't think there was one in the report. But, i am using a contribution called "attribution sets" which did put another field in the sql db. do i need to create a function for each sql table?