• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate w/ Header Tags Controller...

Top_Speed

Hi,

1st off I have Header tags Cont 2.0 installed also (not sure of a conflict?)

I'm (trying) to use EP and upload this simple file:

Should put the 4 test products in Category: Parts Dept. > Manco Parts > Part# 10xx

v_products_model v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_price v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 EOREOR used for cell A used for cell A

manco_10041 10041 LOOM 3.000IN ID BULK 7 Manco Parts Dept. Manco Parts Part# 100x EOREOR 10041 manco_

manco_10046 10046 BUMPER TUBE 0 Manco Parts Dept. Manco Parts Part# 100x EOREOR 10046 manco_

manco_1007 1007 BOLT 5/8-11 X 6.000 HHCS G5 Z 3.5 Manco Parts Dept. Manco Parts Part# 100x EOREOR 1007 manco_

The last 2 columns should be ommited right? (after EOREOR) I use them for adding a prefix to column A

EP says they have been entered into database but it is only one entry of _manco not even in the right subcategory.

Many pre thanks fo any suggestions, KJ

define('PROJECTS', 'Something that goes on forever!');

The EOREOR entry means it is the end of that line so EP is probably trying to add the items to the next line. Also, I'm not sure why you mentioned HTC but I notice that you do not have the fields enabled in your EP file that are used for HTC. You should do this as that will save you a lot of work.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

1st off I have Header tags Cont 2.0 installed also (not sure of a conflict?)

I'm (trying) to use EP and upload this simple file:

Should put the 4 test products in Category: Parts Dept. > Manco Parts > Part# 10xx

v_products_model v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_price v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 EOREOR used for cell A used for cell A

manco_10041 10041 LOOM 3.000IN ID BULK 7 Manco Parts Dept. Manco Parts Part# 100x EOREOR 10041 manco_

manco_10046 10046 BUMPER TUBE 0 Manco Parts Dept. Manco Parts Part# 100x EOREOR 10046 manco_

manco_1007 1007 BOLT 5/8-11 X 6.000 HHCS G5 Z 3.5 Manco Parts Dept. Manco Parts Part# 100x EOREOR 1007 manco_

The last 2 columns should be ommited right? (after EOREOR) I use them for adding a prefix to column A

Have you solved the problem yet as I have the simular problem?????

OK sorry mibble, I'll post my Q in the EP part of the forum.

On a related EP Q for Jack...

How do I intergrate EP with HTC, in the HTC directions it states something about "Mary's Header Tags" nothing about HTC

Do I add simply a column for let's say? v_products_head_title_tag

Please advise, the HTC is a nice add-on and I really don't want to change to some Marys tag controller.

(Julian) as mentioned, I'm posting this (the EP part) in the EP forum if you want to follow.

THANKS, KJ

I think you mean Linda, not Mary. She was the original author of HTC. The instruction file for EP tells you how to enable it. There is just one line you need to uncomment IIRC.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I think you mean Linda, not Mary.  She was the original author of HTC.  The instruction file for EP tells you how to enable it.  There is just one line you need to uncomment IIRC.

Jack

Thanks Jack, your really good at this! Sorry Linda, I won't confuse you again!

Anyone else having this and finds it in a search? I'll post the code Jack is talking about in easypopulate.php

foreach ($langcode as $key => $lang){
	 $l_id = $lang['id'];
	 // uncomment the head_title, head_desc, and head_keywords to use
	 // Linda's Header Tag Controller 2.0
	 //echo $langcode['id'] . $langcode['code'];
	 $filelayout  = array_merge($filelayout , array(
  	 'v_products_name_' . $l_id  => $iii++,
  	 'v_products_description_' . $l_id	=> $iii++,
  	 'v_products_url_' . $l_id	=> $iii++,
	 //  'v_products_head_title_tag_'.$l_id	=> $iii++,
	 //  'v_products_head_desc_tag_'.$l_id	=> $iii++,
	 //  'v_products_head_keywords_tag_'.$l_id	=> $iii++,
  	 ));
 }

I'm thinking you can uncomment any of the 3, or all 3 if you want to be able to upload all 3 meta's for ea. product. You'll at least want the Title I would think? I see lately google ranks (high) alot of pages with title only not paying much attention to the descrip or kw's as they are not even stated on these pages....

Any comments on this Jack?? (your my new expertise man!)

Thanks, KJ

I'm glad you got it figured out. You are correct about the title being the most important and that google doesn't use the meta tags. However some other SE's do use them so it is a good idea to go ahead and include them.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons