newbie manual - step by step guide?

CDK

hi

i just installed oscommerce

with "cpanel"

quick and easy installation.

no idea what to do next

is there a mannul where i can read about what i should do

the process of setting up a oscommerce shop?

from setup to going live!?

start by reading the knowledge base. i am hoping your host had the latest version, and not MS1. Open catalog/includes/application_top.php and look for the version listed about 20 lines down.

hi

i just installed oscommerce

with "cpanel"

quick and easy installation.

no idea what to do next

is there a mannul where i can read about what i should do

the process of setting up a oscommerce shop?

from setup to going live!?

A very short, basic guide to begin customizing oscommerce.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ch,osccustomize

John

start by reading the knowledge base.  i am hoping your host had the latest version, and not MS1.  Open catalog/includes/application_top.php and look for the version listed about 20 lines down.

i can't open that page with my brownser

so i viewed the actual code

it says

// define the project version

define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce 2.2-MS2');

i can't open that page with my brownser

so i viewed the actual code

it says

// define the project version

define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce 2.2-MS2');

That page is not a viewable page, it is part of programming behind the scenes.

You do have the latest version.

John

That page is not a viewable page, it is part of programming behind the scenes.

You do have the latest version.

John

nice :)

----

ok

how do i link my oscommerce to my bank account

to accept credit card or something like that?

what about secuity for my customers?

I wish there was an online class that could teach you how to setup a OSC site. You could have chapters they went step by step to go through the different areas that needed to be setup and answered basic questions. At the end of the class the admin pannel would be setup and you would have a functional cart with a few products. After that you would work on your own to keep adding products. You could ask the teacher or this forum any questions or customizing needed.

I wish there was an online class that could teach you how to setup a OSC site. You could have chapters they went step by step to go through the different areas that needed to be setup and answered basic questions. At the end of the class the admin pannel would be setup and you would have a functional cart with a few products. After that you would work on your own to keep adding products. You could ask the teacher or this forum any questions or customizing needed.

mac5

i wish the same as you my friend :(

There is plenty of Commerce products out there that charge have a fee, and teach how to set things up. However they are not opensource or FREE.

How you learn is by doing, asking and trial and error and tons of paitence when a product is free. You have to remember that someone orginally developed this program and tons of other open source with thier sweat and hard work. To make it available to others at no charge.

The knowledgebase has tons of great info and if you don't know how to do something than ask. :)

To have what you request would take time and money to implement and staff. If you had the money to afford the training and other information that the licensed carts had woudn't you be going with them?

Not slamming anyone just an opinion.

hi guys,

what do you mean by online class ?

really a virtual classromm, with scheduled times for the lessons ?

or a walkthrough step-by-step that you can complete at your own pace ?

Note, there are oscommerce tutorials and manuals available on the internet, provided by hosting and osc services companies. Google search will find them.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

It wouldn't have to be a class with scheduled times, it could be a website tutorial. Something user friendly that would go through step by step how to get basic setup and running. I've searched for tutorials and found some and read some of the Knowledge Base. It would also help to have someone look at what you've setup and make suggestions along the way. I can keep looking for more tutorials, working on my own and posting any questions here.

If anyone knows of any good tutorials online you can post a link.

Archived