• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing href Pointers

josephrx7

Newbie to oscommerce and php driven websites in general. Our site

is located at:

https://rushanddivision.ixwebhosting.com/catalog/index.php

We would love to be able to change various aspects of the site, such as the href pointer on the rushanddivision color gif at top, but have no clue where to begin.

Any suggestions appreciated.

J.R. Sykes

J.R,

If you goto catalog/includes/header.php and look for this line

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce') . '</a>'; ?></td>

You can change FILENAME_DEFAULT to any file in your osc store for example FILENAME_CONTACT_US

Regards

Mark

Lifes a bitch, then you marry one, then you die!

Mark,

Thank you, very helpful. So, in the

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce') . '</a>'; ?></td>

portion,

to change the place that image links to on all pages, would I modify the line to read

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="www.whateverlink.com/whateverpage.html' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_Visit_Us_Here) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'Visit Us Here') . '</a>'; ?></td>

I don't quite understand well enough how this entire php / oscommerce thing works. What should I read to avoid sucking up valuable time on the forum?

Thank you,

J.R.

J.R,

If you goto catalog/includes/header.php and look for this line

You can change FILENAME_DEFAULT to any file in your osc store for example FILENAME_CONTACT_US

Regards

Mark

J.R,

Is the page that you are going to link to part of your osc store, if it is then you need to go to catalog/includes/filenames.php and add an extra line for whatever your page is going to be called.

You dont have to put the full www. link into the href statement, have a look at catalog/contact_us.php for an easy example of how to setup a new page using php.

I think there is a contribution that shows you how to add extra pages to your store.

Mark :thumbsup:

Lifes a bitch, then you marry one, then you die!

Mark,

Thank you again. Problem seems that I want to make that image link back (outside of the os store) to our original homepage at www.rushanddivision.com. When I make the changes, the link ends up pointing to https://rushanddivision.ixwebhosting.com/ca...anddivision.com

which does not exist.

perhaps I am missing something?

J.R.

J.R,

Is the page that you are going to link to part of your osc store, if it is then you need to go to catalog/includes/filenames.php and add an extra line for whatever your page is going to be called.

You dont have to put the full www. link into the href statement, have a look at catalog/contact_us.php for an easy example of how to setup a new page using php.

I think there is a contribution that shows you how to add extra pages to your store.

Mark :thumbsup:

Archived