• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

UPS shipping problem

readywelder

Hello all

I'm having some problems setting up shippign for my site, I m new to oscommerce and not that good with php, pretty good with flash adn thml but thought I wold give it a try

anyway Im having a problem setting up UPS shipping I keep getting a message and it will not provide any more info but this

An error occured with the UPS shipping calculations.

Invalid ShipperPostalCode

If you prefer to use UPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

I would appretiate any help on this. thank you!!

Edited by readywelder

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting the same error message.. However all of my zone information and zip codes are in there.. Any other ideas on how to fix it?

"Shipping Method

This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.

United Parcel Service

An error occured with the UPS shipping calculations.

Invalid ShipperPostalCode

If you prefer to use UPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner."

Thanks in advance

Edited by rh1999_20

And in upper case? Lower case doesn't work...

In the Admin

Under the configuration if I goto zone.. I have a drop down box for the zone.. I pick the state from that..

Now when I goto the shipping/packaging section I have to put in the zip code.. I live in the states so it's all numbers ex:16625 so therefore I'm not sure what your saying about uppercase and lowercase..

Where am I messing up?..lol

Thanks again,

Ron

I'm not sure what your saying about uppercase and lowercase..
OK, I assumed that the standard UPS module would also have an input field for state, country, and town (like the UPS XML contribution). There you can make that mistake (I know I did), apparently not in the standard UPS module. I also assume you can't log the request you send to UPS and the reply from the server as with UPS XML? Hard to pinpoint the problem then...

my best bet would be to install the UPS XML contribution
Initially, it takes more time because likely you will have to do some changes in general.php and the database (change a field from varchar(255) to text). But as I understand the standard osC UPS module works with a http request, which is not top security since your user name and password will be sent in clear text (UPS XML uses a https connection). Also I understand that this service of getting rates from the UPS server would be terminated one day.

Another advantage of the UPS XML is supposedly more accurate quoting since certain delivery charges are included in this one and not in the standard UPS module. That's at least what I have read on the forums and in the docs ;)

Thanks for your help.

I am going to keep trying to see what is going on.. I am very new to php and oscommerce.. so I am getting this going slowly.. We have had the store set up for some time now and It just quit working on me.. Now nobody can order anything. I am just a ex-graphic designer. Not a programmer but hopefully I will be able to get it. Just in case anyone wants to take a closer look the address is http://www.cdaleparts.com