• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Advanced Categories Admin

This is the support thread for the Advanced Categories Admin (ACA) contribution that can be found here:

www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2611

What is does:

- Instead of modifying categories.php for each contribution, modifications are inside modules.

- Installing a contribution that have a module is now as simple as copying a file.

- Very fast update and installation accross projects having different contributions installed.

- 'Old style' installation is still possible.

- Works with osC 2.2 MS2

Please note:

- The basic ACA package does not give more functionalities than the stock osC, modules need to be installed for that.

- Modules can be found with their respective contribution.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The contribution has been updated to v1.0a, here is the changelog:

v1.0a, 7 dec 2004:

- Removed registration of categories description module in categories.php as it is not included in the package. (Was giving an error because of missing module)

- Added htmlarea 1.7 in the package, no need to dowload it separately. This is used by image_upload category module and html_area product module (which are included in ACA).

- Updated install instructions.

Known modules at this time:

Category modules:

- Jpsy image uploader for category image: included.

- Category Description (contribution 1373): Find it here

Product modules:

- htmlarea wysiwyg editor for product description: included.

- Jpsy image uploader for product image: included.

- Product Extra Fields (contribution 2202): Find it here

- Header Tags Controller (contribution 207): Find it here

I'm using this contrib... but..

Right now, I'm trying to add master products http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...master+products

it also has modifications to categories.php

the problem is it doesn't have a aca module and i have no clue how to add the changes....

can anyone help?

the install.txt has basically 3 additions to the original categories.php. but i'm not sure how to add it to aca's categories.php...

Just follow the instructions given in Master Products, here a the file where to do the modifications:

When it says:

FIND THE FIRST OCCURANCE OF switch ($action) {

=> this is in admin/categories.php

When it says:

FIND THE SECOND OCCURANCE OF switch ($action) {

=> this is in admin/includes/categories_right_panel.php

When it says:

FIND THIS

default:

if ($rows > 0) {

=> this is in admin/includes/categories_right_panel.php

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the ACA module of Margin Report. I followed the instructions and managed to get the report running. However, now my shop is not functioning well. After placing order and checking out, it shows a blank screen. When customer check their order and view the details, also blank screen. These are the few test problem I notice, may have more. Wonder if you can advise. Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm kinda lost- I installed it over a new OSC MS2.2. Basically, I just copied files over but I'm not sure on how to install the HTMLArea SQL file. I dont see any editor when I try to add/edit products now. Can someone please tell me what needs to be done with the SQL file?

Thanks

Abbas

The parts of contributions that does not involve categories.php must be installed like usually. It means that you have to copy the htmlarea folder to your admin folder and process the SQL file with for example phpMyAdmin.

After that you can turn htmlarea on from the admin panel and see it in the product editor.

Chris

The parts of contributions that does not involve categories.php must be installed like usually. It means that you have to copy the htmlarea folder to your admin folder and process the SQL file with for example phpMyAdmin.

After that you can turn htmlarea on from the admin panel and see it in the product editor.

Chris

Ok, I copied te files and processed the SQL thru phpmyadmin- but where do I "turn htmlarea on from the admin panel"

Thanks

Abbas

In the admin side, under "Configuration", you should now have a new section "WYSIWYG Editor 1.7" where you can set many parameters. First one should be "Product descriptions use wysiwyg htmlarea?", enable it and it should work.

Chris

In the admin side, under "Configuration", you should now have a new section "WYSIWYG Editor 1.7" where you can set many parameters. First one should be "Product descriptions use wysiwyg htmlarea?", enable it and it should work.

Chris

Thanks- I went there and it is enabled. I tried disabling it as well but I cant see ANY Editor any more when trying to add or edit a product. Help!

Do you have this in your "new" categories.php?

$products_modules-> register_module ('products_ms2.php');
 // Add htmlarea 1.7 functionality
 $products_modules-> register_module ('html_area.php','products_ms2');

From which contribution did you take htlmarea? is it verison 1.7?

Is it so that with the new categories.php you don't have any editor? That sounds weird as if there is a problem with htmlarea, at least the old editor should show up.

Please note also that htmlarea works only with Internet Explorer >=5.5!

Chris

Do you have this in your "new" categories.php?

?$products_modules-> register_module ('products_ms2.php');
?// Add htmlarea 1.7 functionality
?$products_modules-> register_module ('html_area.php','products_ms2');

From which contribution did you take htlmarea? is it verison 1.7?

Is it so that with the new categories.php you don't have any editor? That sounds weird as if there is a problem with htmlarea, at least the old editor should show up.

Please note also that htmlarea works only with Internet Explorer >=5.5!

Chris

Yep- that code is present on the new categories file. I'm installing it from the 2611 contribution and have tried it with IE6 and Firefox. Strange thing is that the older, regular editor doesnt show up either with the new categories.php file, but if I replace it with the original one, I can see the older editor.

-Abbas

Comment the following line and you should see the original editor:

//$products_modules-> register_module ('html_area.php','products_ms2');

Do you? If not then the problem is not with htmlarea.

Do you have a configure.php file in your admin/includes/local folder?

Chris

Comment the following line and you should see the original editor:

//$products_modules-> register_module ('html_area.php','products_ms2');

Do you? If not then the problem is not with htmlarea.

Do you have a configure.php file in your admin/includes/local folder?

Chris

Commenting the line didnt help- still dont see any editor. And yes, configure.php is present in the admin/includes/local folder

-Abbas

• 1 month later...

I would like to install MS2 HTML WYSIWYG Editor, Product Desc, Email + with ACA installed? This module does not come with ACA capability and I can't even find the code in the instructions the're asking for me to change. Can I install this? If so how?

Thanks in advance,

James

BTW, I like the idea of ACA and hope it catches on, would make adding a lot mod's much easier. Great Job!

Edited by jsm

Yes you can install this contribution: from the contribution you mention, follow the instructions to install the html editor for the email and newsletter (and mainpage?) but not for the product description (do not modify categories.php).

In the ACA instructions you can find how to switch on the html editor (one line to change in categories.php if not already done).

It works?

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone install the header tag controller with ACA ?

I successfully install the contribution for the product part but for the category part, the basic install instructions don't fit with the new organisation of the ACA modules.

Can anyone have successfully installed HTC in ACA and can give me the installation instructions for the category part ?

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...