• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Advanced Categories Admin

Hi Vines,

I had the same warning messages. It turned out to be missing files afterall :blush:

Be sure to upload the categories_description.php (and not category_description.php) to ../admin/includes/functions, at least it solved my problem with this message.

Strange thing is that this should not be required according to the Category Description contribution installation txt file, hope this is not causing any mystery failure... because ...now I have no error or warning message, but still there is no title nor any description field visible in the catalog category header... :(

Noticed that the ACA module Config Description, is showing +install button and does not react when I press the button, not sure if this is correct behavior, but the only clue I have....

Any suggestion someone?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New ACA v2.6 available in the contrib section. Not a big update. I also updated the modules pack with a new module that allows to update your product informations without going to the preview page first.

Vines, you should have the file categories_description.php in admin/includes/functions, this file comes with the category description contribution.

- Rigadin

• 2 weeks later...
New ACA v2.6 available in the contrib section. Not a big update. I also updated the modules pack with a new module that allows to update your product informations without going to the preview page first.

Vines, you should have the file categories_description.php in admin/includes/functions, this file comes with the category description contribution.

- Rigadin

I thought I checked that the file you mention was present but now i see that the errors are gone, so perhaps that was it. In the interim, I had installed Category Descriptions made simple because I couldn't get this working. I will go back and see if I can get this to work. I am using HTC, so hopefully that is not a problem.

----------------------------------------------------

Hi Rigadin2

I am trying to install Category Description under ACA. Installation is complete with no error message but there is no Category Description visible... :'(

When I try to "install" the module Category Description in the ACA module list, the install button remains as "+install" and nothing seems to happen.

When I try to update the actual description in the catalog, the description field is now present but on the preview screen no description is visible.

In the configuration the "Allow category description" is enabled (yes).

I followed the install instruction in the Category description contribution (which is updated to support ACA).

Probably I did something wrong somewhere, but maybe you could give me a hint where to check or which file might be missing.

Many thanks

• 2 weeks later...

OK, found the problem!! :D

But not sure the best method to fix it....

In the ACA version of index.php there is a lot of "if" statements like:

if ( (ALLOW_CATEGORY_DESCRIPTIONS == 'true') && (tep_not_null($category['categories_heading_title'])) ) {

echo $category['categories_heading_title'];

} else {

echo HEADING_TITLE;

}

Problem for me was that the if statement always evaluated to false even though the true conditions were met. After some testing I found out the strange thing that the the condition 'true' must be spelled 'True' in order to evaluate to true! So the statement must look like this:

if ( (ALLOW_CATEGORY_DESCRIPTIONS == 'True') && (tep_not_null($category['categories_heading_title'])) ) {

echo $category['categories_heading_title'];

} else {

echo HEADING_TITLE;

}

I fixed this temporarily by simply change all 'true' to 'True' in the index.php file, but I am afraid that this is not a clean fix. It is probably another root cause (maybe declaration problem or similar).

So if someone could give me a hint on a permanent solution it would be most welcome.

Many thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know since when the Category Description module is faulty, but it is. The module uses the strings "True" and "False", while the index.php uses 'true' and 'false'. The correct way to modify this is to modify the ACA module:

In the module, in function install(), the first line should read:

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Enable Category Description', 'ALLOW_CATEGORY_DESCRIPTIONS', 'true', 'Do you use Category Description? ', '6', '1', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now())");

and in function category_description(), the $this->enabled logic should be:

$this->enabled = (ALLOW_CATEGORY_DESCRIPTIONS == 'true');

After that, the module needs to be removed and installed again.

@Seenxu: there are 3 occurences of the "if ( (ALLOW_CATEGORY_DESCRIPTIONS == 'true')..." in index.php, so maybe you missed one. Also, you should enter a heading title if you don't want to see the original "Let see what we have here".

- Rigadin

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

I have just installed tha ACA modules pack released 2. Feb 2007. I can't see anything new at my admin modules panel.

Do I have to install something else?

Thanks <_<

Edited by star8

There is no new module in the new pack, but the modules for tinyMCE have been modified to use the contribution tinyMCE Anywhere. The big improvement with tinyMCE anywhere is that you can have an image browser for the product image.

- Rigadin

There is no new module in the new pack, but the modules for tinyMCE have been modified to use the contribution tinyMCE Anywhere. The big improvement with tinyMCE anywhere is that you can have an image browser for the product image.

- Rigadin

I guess I expressed myself wrong. I mean I don't see any of the ACA modules for the categories and for the products at all at the admin , as mentioned in the document which I will find.

Does this mean, inorder to use this I have to have the tinyMCE contribution?

Thanks. :rolleyes:

Edited by star8

You have to download ACA v2.6SP1 and install it too. Modules are separated from the core files.

Now after installing this, I got these messages when I pressed on the catalog at the admin:

Warning: categories(includes/languages/danish/modules/categories/MODULE_ACACAT_INSTALLED): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/XXXXXX.com/osc_st/catalog/admin/includes/classes/categories.php on line 34 Warning: categories(): Failed opening 'includes/languages/danish/modules/categories/MODULE_ACACAT_INSTALLED' for inclusion (include_path='.:/hsphere/shared/apache/libexec/php4ext/php/') in /hsphere/local/home/XXXXXX.com/osc_st/catalog/admin/includes/classes/categories.php on line 34 Warning: categories(includes/modules/categories/MODULE_ACACAT_INSTALLED): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/XXXXXX.com/osc_st/catalog/admin/includes/classes/categories.php on line 35 Warning: categories(): Failed opening 'includes/modules/categories/MODULE_ACACAT_INSTALLED' for inclusion (include_path='.:/hsphere/shared/apache/libexec/php4ext/php/') in /hsphere/local/home/XXXXXX.com/osc_st/catalog/admin/includes/classes/categories.php on line 35 Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: module_acacat_insta in /hsphere/local/home/XXXXXX.com/osc_st/catalog/admin/includes/classes/categories.php on line 36

What am i missing here?

Thanks! :blush:

Try to install and remove a category module. It should then work.

I am sorry . Please be specific. The install possibility is not there. Under catalog module, this is the message showing. Do you mean I have to reinstall back my old catalog module? Then it seems like I did'nt do anything for ACA to work.

Please specify more.

Thanks!

Even there are some warnings, you should see a list of modules. Select one and the install button will appear in the right column.

Sorry, do you mean other modules than catalog module? There are no install button in any of these modules.

Under catalog module, where the warning is showing, there is no install button at all, only these warnings that are appearing. I have also set the admin/categories.php permission to 755.

Hopefully you have another suggestion.

ACA modules are placed in admin/includes/modules/categories and admin/includes/modules/products. Have you placed the modules from the modules pack in there?

Yes, I did. I even started again with a fresh osC with latest sts4.4 and then with this AVA v2.6SP1 and the modules pack, but it gave the same problem.

:(

Edited by star8

Yes, I did. I even started again with a fresh osC with latest sts4.4 and then with this AVA v2.6SP1 and the modules pack, but it gave the same problem.

:(

I just recently installed this for a client with no issues at all. Check your installation and make sure you copied over the complete folder structure of ACA. It appears you are either missing some folders or did not do the manual edits to the files listed in the install instructions.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I just recently installed this for a client with no issues at all. Check your installation and make sure you copied over the complete folder structure of ACA. It appears you are either missing some folders or did not do the manual edits to the files listed in the install instructions.

Hi again!

Now I copied the manual edits, but it gave me these problems:

1)ACA-categories Modules

Warning: main(includes/functions/categories_description.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/xxxxxx.dk/osc_st/catalog/admin/includes/modules/categories/category_description.php on line 14 Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/functions/categories_description.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/hsphere/shared/apache/libexec/php4ext/php/') in /hsphere/local/home/xxxxxxx.dk/osc_st/catalog/admin/includes/modules/categories/category_description.php on line 14

Modules Sort Order Action

Htmlarea 1.7 Wysywyg Editor for category description Info

Category Description 1

Htmlarea 1.7 Javascript for categories 2 Info

Jpsy image uploader Info

TinyMCE for category description Info

Header Tags Controller Info

Module Directory: /hsphere/local/home/xxxxxxx.dk/osc_st/catalog/admin/includes/modules/categories/

2) Categories/Products side

on top of the screen it says:

Warning: main(includes/functions/categories_description.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/xxxxxxx.dk/osc_st/catalog/admin/includes/modules/categories/category_description.php on line 14 Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/functions/categories_description.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/hsphere/shared/apache/libexec/php4ext/php/') in /hsphere/local/home/xxxxxx.dk/osc_st/catalog/admin/includes/modules/categories/category_description.php on line 14

Categories/Products

//////////////////////////

I don't understand. It is refering to "includes/functions/categories_description.php" . The installation files does'nt include this under functions/.

I double checked the structures and installation. I can't see anything I miss.

Any suggestions?

Thanks! :o

The category description module needs the category description contribution to be installed. There is one extra file (the one you don't have) and also some modifications to do on the catalog side to display the description.

You need the module only if you want to use the category description contribution of course.

The category description module needs the category description contribution to be installed. There is one extra file (the one you don't have) and also some modifications to do on the catalog side to display the description.

You need the module only if you want to use the category description contribution of course.

I didn't install it but the warning is still written there. Will it be permanently written on the top unless I install the category contribution?

Sorry, want to make sure the installation is fine, before I do more changes.