• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Who's Online Enhancement 1.4

I instaled version 3.6.6.2

Everything work great exept two things, maybe some one could help me out.

When I load Who`s Online everything works. I can refresh. New records are shown etc.

But when I change some parameters osCAdminID apears and then I can only refresh till new guest/bot apears.

When there is osCAdminID and there is new guest/bot in shop, and when I press manual or auto refresh, after a some loading I get a message:

--------------------------------------------------------

2006 - MySQL server has gone away

UPDATE `whos_online` SET `country_code` = 'PL',`country_name` = 'Poland', `region_name` = 'Lodzkie', `city` = 'Lodz', `latitude` = '51.75', `longitude` = '19.4667' WHERE `ip_address` = '217.76.116.16'

[TEP STOP]

2006 - MySQL server has gone away

select count(*) as total from sessions where sesskey = '455f811397efafc8c73299e1sef3075b'

[TEP STOP]

--------------------------------------------------------

Sesskey is exact as osCAdminID

There is one more thing - when I cut out osCAdminID part from address I can refresh even if there is new guest/bot in shop.

This is not as important problem as first one, but I noticed that in some locations (work, home, mobile) markers on google map are shown and in some other locations not.

Could someone could help me out with this, please (specialy with 1.).

Edited by MaxWalker

Dear

i have installed last who is online enhacenemt, but there is some problem...

1)

i cannot display :

User Agent

State

Region

City

always are null,

What i can verify about?

2) on the list:

i found a lot of time

"crawl-66-249-71-39.googlebot.com"

but idendify like user and not spider...

i have already updated spider.txt, i need to put more about?

thanks for help...

Dear

i have installed last who is online enhacenemt, but there is some problem...

1)

i cannot display :

User Agent

State

Region

City

always are null,

What i can verify about?

2) on the list:

i found a lot of time

"crawl-66-249-71-39.googlebot.com"

but idendify like user and not spider...

i have already updated spider.txt, i need to put more about?

thanks for help...

I just wish I could get an answer to the problems I outlined in the start to this thread :(

I just wish I could get an answer to the problems I outlined in the start to this thread :(

You ain't lying!! I just need to know how to get the "Admin->My Store->Enter Google API Code" thing to work. It's not showing in my Admin.

Plus the queries keep throwing up an ERROR.....this is madness.....

in my "Who's Online" in my Admin everything seems to be there but when I click "Show Map" I get a popup saying I need to get an API from Google......

I have the API Key....just can't put it anywhere.....dammit.....

You ain't lying!! I just need to know how to get the "Admin->My Store->Enter Google API Code" thing to work. It's not showing in my Admin.

Plus the queries keep throwing up an ERROR.....this is madness.....

in my "Who's Online" in my Admin everything seems to be there but when I click "Show Map" I get a popup saying I need to get an API from Google......

I have the API Key....just can't put it anywhere.....dammit.....

If you dont find it in your Admin configuration then do this:

In catalog/admin/whos_online.php find

<?php echo '<script src="http://maps.google.com/maps?file=api&v=2&key=' . GOOGLE_MAPS_KEY . '" type="text/javascript"></script>'; ?>

and replace it with

<script src="http://maps.google.c...mp;v=2&key=YOUR KEY" type="text/javascript"></script>

If you dont find it in your Admin configuration then do this:

In catalog/admin/whos_online.php find

<?php echo '<script src="http://maps.google.com/maps?file=api&v=2&key=' . GOOGLE_MAPS_KEY . '" type="text/javascript"></script>'; ?>

and replace it with

<script src="http://maps.google.c...mp;v=2&key=YOUR KEY" type="text/javascript"></script>

Well, at least you got some help - more than I have! :(

Is there any chance somebody may help with my original problem please? This is what I said to start the thread:-

I've installed this enhancement and double-checked that the /includes/functions/whos_online.php is correctly uploaded. Checked the database table and all the required fields are there.

However, I still get Referer? Not Found. Also Region and City are blank and no positional information shows on the map.

Help please?

Ken

Is there any chance somebody may help with my original problem please? This is what I said to start the thread:-

I've installed this enhancement and double-checked that the /includes/functions/whos_online.php is correctly uploaded. Checked the database table and all the required fields are there.

However, I still get Referer? Not Found. Also Region and City are blank and no positional information shows on the map.

Help please?

Ken

Have I said something to upset everybody? All other posts seem to get replies but mine don't seem to appear on anybody else's radar! I've asked twice about these problems but not a single comment!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all;

I had to re install this contrib and used version 3.6.6.6

I wrote the code so Who's Online appears in the Tools box in Admin.

The screen comes up fine however it shows no visitors on my site, not even Admin

and there is always somebody visiting my site.

Can anyone tell me if I missed something in the install? I seem to recall having

I believe a // define code somewhere but I'm not sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: simplexmlelement in /domains/domain.com/public_html/admin/whos_online.php on line 188

If you are still getting this error there is a fix that was posted but was not correct in how to comment it out.

The correct way is to do this..

//$answer = new SimpleXMLElement($backup);

//if (!$backup) return false; // Failed to open connection

}//else{

//$answer = new SimpleXMLElement($d);

//}

Notice the line }//else{ If you put the // in front of the } you will get another error.

If you are still getting this error there is a fix that was posted but was not correct in how to comment it out.

}//else{

//}

Notice the line }//else{ If you put the // in front of the } you will get another error.

I've tried everything... Running oscmax 2.0.25, modified even more, but nothing that should effect this contribution which is now built into oscmax.

I the following lines directly in whos_online.php

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: simplexmlelement in /home/wkdwich/public_html/shoppeNEW/admin/whos_online.php on line 109

Lines 106-110

$answer = new SimpleXMLElement($backup);
 if (!$backup) return false; // Failed to open connection
}else{
 $answer = new SimpleXMLElement($d);
}

I thought the fact I had not changed permission on the backup folder might be the answer, but no that wasn't it.

I tried various combinations of commenting out those lines, changing it to:

// $answer = new SimpleXMLElement($backup);
//  if (!$backup) return false; // Failed to open connection
// }else{
//  $answer = new SimpleXMLElement($d);
}

Did bring up the page but with left navigation and the content itself had a slew of other errors..

I searched the forums here and at oscmax.com and found this thread here

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/124853-whos-online-enhancement-14/page__st__1560

unfortuantely that again gave me the page, left navigation & content but with a whole slew of errors..

FYI I do not have suhosin installed

running PHP Version 4.4.7

In this thread Joe B said:

}//else{
//}

but that did not work either, page comes up, but same slew of errors in the left nav and content..

where do I go from here???

Debbie D
Franklin County, VA "Moonshine Capitol of the World"
osCmax Mobile Template oscmaxtemplates.com

I forgot to add that in admin/functions/whos_online.php I added:

if(!function_exists('stripos')) {
function stripos($haystack, $needle, $offset = 0) {
return strpos(strtolower($haystack), strtolower($needle), $offset);
}
}

As instructed somewhere in this thread

Debbie D
Franklin County, VA "Moonshine Capitol of the World"
osCmax Mobile Template oscmaxtemplates.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I am intermittently recieving tghis error:-

<br />

<b>Warning</b>: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [<a href='simplexmlelement.--construct'>simplexmlelement.--construct</a>]: Entity: line 2: parser error : Extra content at the end of the document in <b>/home/user/public_html/admin/whos_online.php</b> on line <b>189</b><br />

<br />

<b>Warning</b>: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [<a href='simplexmlelement.--construct'>simplexmlelement.--construct</a>]: <b>Warning</b>: mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysq in <b>/home/user/public_html/admin/whos_online.php</b> on line <b>189</b><br />

<br />

<b>Warning</b>: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [<a href='simplexmlelement.--construct'>simplexmlelement.--construct</a>]: ^ in <b>/home/user/public_html/admin/whos_online.php</b> on line <b>189</b><br />

<br />

<b>Fatal error</b>: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /home/user/public_html/admin/whos_online.php:189

Stack trace:

#0 /home/user/public_html/admin/whos_online.php(189): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('<br />?<b>Warni...')

#1 /home/user/public_html/admin/whos_online.php(223): updateIps()

#2 /home/user/public_html/admin/whos_online.php(382): add_geolocation()

#3 {main}

thrown in <b>/home/user/public_html/admin/whos_online.php</b> on line <b>189</b><br />

is there away to permanently remove this error?

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

• 1 month later...

I hope I am in the right support thread

I have just installed Who's Online Enhancement 3.6.6.2

After uploading, the first time i went to the page I got a successful page showing the who's online enhancement page - it was really good.

I then applied the 3.6.7.2 fixes and reuploaded.

After this I started getting cannot redeclare errors.

I removed the 3.6.7.2 changes and reuploaded, but I still got the redeclare errors.

So in admin/whos_online.php I added a

if(!function_exists('foo')){

}

around each function call. This removed all issues with the whos_online.php page, but now I am getting

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare _sess_open() (previously declared in /home/books/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:23) in /home/books/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 23

I cannot see in any of the files related to whos online enhancement is trying to declare _sess_open. I have tried logging off and on, but to no avail.

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

I am running osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

Here are my server details

Server OS: Linux 2.6.9-89.0.25.plus.c4smp Database: MySQL 5.0.90-community

HTTP Server: WebServerX

PHP Version: 5.2.9 (Zend: 2.2.0)

MB

Edited by mbuswell

I hope I am in the right support thread

I have just installed Who's Online Enhancement 3.6.6.2

After uploading, the first time i went to the page I got a successful page showing the who's online enhancement page - it was really good.

I then applied the 3.6.7.2 fixes and reuploaded.

After this I started getting cannot redeclare errors.

I removed the 3.6.7.2 changes and reuploaded, but I still got the redeclare errors.

So in admin/whos_online.php I added a

if(!function_exists('foo')){

}

around each function call. This removed all issues with the whos_online.php page, but now I am getting

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare _sess_open() (previously declared in /home/books/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:23) in /home/books/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 23

I cannot see in any of the files related to whos online enhancement is trying to declare _sess_open. I have tried logging off and on, but to no avail.

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

I am running osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

Here are my server details

Server OS: Linux 2.6.9-89.0.25.plus.c4smp Database: MySQL 5.0.90-community

HTTP Server: WebServerX

PHP Version: 5.2.9 (Zend: 2.2.0)

MB

Adding that I have tried to revert to the original whos_online.php

I am still getting a redeclare error

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare _sess_open() (previously declared in /home/books/public_html/dfbadmin/includes/functions/sessions.php:23) in /home/books/public_html/dfbadmin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 23

Right now it doesnt matter what I do to whos_online.php I cannot clear this error. I have tried logging off the admin interface several times, and left it logged off for approx 10hrs - but still sessions.php redeclare is present.

Adding that I have tried to revert to the original whos_online.php

I am still getting a redeclare error

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare _sess_open() (previously declared in /home/books/public_html/dfbadmin/includes/functions/sessions.php:23) in /home/books/public_html/dfbadmin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 23

Right now it doesnt matter what I do to whos_online.php I cannot clear this error. I have tried logging off the admin interface several times, and left it logged off for approx 10hrs - but still sessions.php redeclare is present.

Okay I figured out what went wrong, somehow I uploaded the admin/whos_online.php into admin/includes/languages/english/whos_online.php so it was calling sessions.php twice which was the problem, and it was calling all the whos_online functions 2x too. So once I fixed that then the redeclare errors when away.

Is support for this addon now defunct? Nobody seems to be answering any questions!

However, in the hope that eventually someone will come up with a suggestion or two, I'd really appreciate some help to sort out the problems.

I've installed the latest version 3.6.5 and the results are not helpful.

It just shows "Guest" for anyone on the site. Also, for example, it shows "Region: Surrey" for someone connecting from Herefordshire and, of course, the town is wrong. Similarly for any other guest to the site, the region and town are wrong. Furthermore, it says "Referer? Not found" for every guest. It also shows me when I'm looking at it in admin as being in California! The shopping cart always shows empty even when there are products in it.

Does anybody have this version working properly please?

I am not sure if this is your problem, but for anyone missing the referer or user-agent values, it could be because you have not uploaded the includes/functions/whos_online.php file.

there is both a admin/includes/functions/whos_online.php and an includes/functions/whos_online.php - i didn't notice that and through all updates were confined to the admin folder.

May not be your problem but it was mine.

Just installed.

There is no "Visitor Web Stats" option under "Tools" in the aministration section though.

What might have I have missed?

It is recording visits.

But, I can't see a way to view any reports.

Can someone help me with this error:

Error Type: [E_NOTICE] Undefined index: HTTP_REFERER

On line 112

File includes/functions/whos_online.php

How can I fix this?

I get this same error showing up on Kiss error reporting, I'd be interested to know if anyone gas come across a solution

very strange i am getting this error this morning, weird nothing has been changed on the site, any one know what the problem may be ?

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxadmin/whos_online.php:184 Stack trace: #0 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxadmin/whos_online.php(184): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('') #1 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxadmin/whos_online.php(221): updateIps() #2 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxadmin/whos_online.php(379): add_geolocation() #3 {main} thrown in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxadmin/whos_online.php on line 184

very strange i am getting this error this morning, weird nothing has been changed on the site, any one know what the problem may be ?

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxadmin/whos_online.php:184 Stack trace: #0 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxadmin/whos_online.php(184): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('') #1 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxadmin/whos_online.php(221): updateIps() #2 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxadmin/whos_online.php(379): add_geolocation() #3 {main} thrown in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxadmin/whos_online.php on line 184

I have the same problem to right about 30 minutes.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/admin/whos_online.php:186 Stack trace: #0 /home/xxxxx/public_html/admin/whos_online.php(186): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('') #1 /home/xxxxx/public_html/admin/whos_online.php(223): updateIps('24.40.181.93,89...') #2 /home/xxxxx/public_html/admin/whos_online.php(381): add_geolocation() #3 {main} thrown in /home/xxx/public_html/admin/whos_online.php on line 186

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/admin/whos_online.php:186 Stack trace: #0 /home/xxxxx/public_html/admin/whos_online.php(186): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('') #1 /home/xxxxx/public_html/admin/whos_online.php(223): updateIps('24.40.181.93,89...') #2 /home/xxxxx/public_html/admin/whos_online.php(381): add_geolocation() #3 {main} thrown in /home/xxx/public_html/admin/whos_online.php on line 186

I Have the same problem :(

Anybody know how to fix this?

I have the same problem too..

Edited by Jan Zonjee
spam

WOL is trying to reach another site to get IP's, and that site is not responding for now..

//Function to get IP address geolocation data from IPInfoDB and update whos_online table

http://ipinfodb.com/