• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Who's Online Enhancement 1.4

any chance of a quick tip on how to ban . . although I don't want to stop them visiting my site , just don't want to display them in the list so i can focus on visitors who want to give me money . .any advise?

Cheers,

Tony.

I am talking about bots that use up bandwidth with no return to you, or they misbehave.

You do it in your htaccess file. Every store owner need to be aware of What to do BEFORE you get hacked Plenty of reading there, so make that your next port of call.

Can anyone offer advice on these two? They show up as Guests but I would rather they appear as Bots.

The first (mon.itor.us) is a free "On-demand Systems Fault and Performance Monitoring" service I use to monitor availability. The second is related as a WHOIS lookup shows it to be Monitis.com which is the premium monitoring service.

Inactive with no Cart 00:00:00 Guest mon.itor.us 02:00:00 pm 02:00:00 pm /shop/index.php Yes Not Found

Name: Guest

ID: 0

IP Address: 81.19.151.110

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.0.1) Gecko/20060313 Fedora/1.5.0.1-9 Firefox/1.5.0.1

osCsid: 0beb2ee85c086a5bbd44e6b164c1c885

Inactive with no Cart 00:00:00 Guest 208.76.245.135.reverse.crucialx.net 01:53:34 pm 01:53:34 pm /shop/index.php Yes Not Found

Name: Guest

ID: 0

IP Address: 208.76.245.135

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.0.1) Gecko/20060313 Fedora/1.5.0.1-9 Firefox/1.5.0.1

osCsid: fb4455696c5533cb59c8cd7445fcd090

I have the latest spiders.txt loaded. If changing a config is possible, where and what should I change?

Paul.

Can anyone offer advice on these two? They show up as Guests but I would rather they appear as Bots.

The first (mon.itor.us) is a free "On-demand Systems Fault and Performance Monitoring" service I use to monitor availability. The second is related as a WHOIS lookup shows it to be Monitis.com which is the premium monitoring service.

osCsid: fb4455696c5533cb59c8cd7445fcd090

I have the latest spiders.txt loaded. If changing a config is possible, where and what should I change?

Paul.

This isn't exactly a Who's Online issue, because Who's Online merely displays data that is determined elsewhere. Both of these accesses look like normal users, based on the User Agent strings. If you were to modify spiders.txt to flag them, you risk flagging actual users as bots.

Steve Lionel, maintainer of the updated spiders.txt contribution, recently posted a workaround for setting specific IP addresses or subnets as bots in the "prevent spider sessions" code in includes/application_top.php. You can find it here.

--Glen

Edited by SteveDallas

This isn't exactly a Who's Online issue, because Who's Online merely displays data that is determined elsewhere. Both of these accesses look like normal users, based on the User Agent strings. If you were to modify spiders.txt to flag them, you risk flagging actual users as bots.

Steve Lionel, maintainer of the updated spiders.txt contribution, recently posted a workaround for setting specific IP addresses or subnets as bots in the "prevent spider sessions" code in includes/application_top.php. You can find it here.

--Glen

Thanks Glen.

I wasn't sure but as W.O.E. displays the information I thought I would start here. I will check out the linked information and give it a go.

Thanks Glen.

I wasn't sure but as W.O.E. displays the information I thought I would start here. I will check out the linked information and give it a go.

This seems to be the first place that most people look for issues like this. I try to maintain this topic as the place to go for support of the W.O.E. contribution itself, and direct issues regarding bot detection in general to the spiders.txt topic. This is because bot detection affects things other than W.O.E, such as the problem of bots creating carts. If I can point you to an answer, so much the better.

Some versions of W.O.E. prior to v3.5 included "manual bot detection" code, but it was never complete, and bots detected in W.O.E. could still add to carts. It's much cleaner to detect them in includes/application_top.php.

--Glen

This seems to be the first place that most people look for issues like this. I try to maintain this topic as the place to go for support of the W.O.E. contribution itself, and direct issues regarding bot detection in general to the spiders.txt topic. This is because bot detection affects things other than W.O.E, such as the problem of bots creating carts. If I can point you to an answer, so much the better.

Some versions of W.O.E. prior to v3.5 included "manual bot detection" code, but it was never complete, and bots detected in W.O.E. could still add to carts. It's much cleaner to detect them in includes/application_top.php.

--Glen

F.Y.I. - You were spot on with the link. It will be a pain in the but to add individual oddities but it is quite simple to do and works a treat.

Add to wish list for W.O.E.? A tick box for "add this 'Guest' to Spiders.txt" ;-)

Thanks.

i have installed the who's online v 3.5.4

I don't know why it just show the online with no cart.

When i try to test and buy something and checkout succes, on my who's online don't show anline with cart, it just show online with no chart.

Any can help me to find out what happen with my who is online enhancement??

Rocdy

Beginner in php programming and still learning from this forums.

Special thanks for Oscommerce Community Forums that help me a lot. :-)

i have installed the who's online v 3.5.4

I don't know why it just show the online with no cart.

When i try to test and buy something and checkout succes, on my who's online don't show anline with cart, it just show online with no chart.

Any can help me to find out what happen with my who is online enhancement??

What steps have you taken to identify the problem? Did you read the Troubleshooting section of the README file?

Check the sessions table in your database. Are the entries in the value field readable?

--Glen

What steps have you taken to identify the problem? Did you read the Troubleshooting section of the README file?

Check the sessions table in your database. Are the entries in the value field readable?

--Glen

Both of my configure are like below:

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

And this is my session setting :

Session Directory tmp

Force Cookie Use False

Check SSL Session ID False

Check User Agent True

Check IP Address True

Prevent Spider Sessions True

Recreate Session True

My session value field contains this data: (i don't know what is this?)

1w9tJZSVEShi7HBLuqlBdwSKezi7-NVa29yEyzRPmc0asY1jkL...

aAhyb-VG8DJIJUnPPoc13MqVB_KbBlGsXfHkWn6AEEAnVBVds7...

vMjTNNp6TsCLhjLZjyCgBgm6jyCy-zDSpb6L3dEZzKnPlZRzMH...

4XHT_rHogHwIFpHtYTp798MIkSQdINQepcmhczrNjJRk4V1v1a...

Then what should i do to make it readable?

Rocdy

Beginner in php programming and still learning from this forums.

Special thanks for Oscommerce Community Forums that help me a lot. :-)

Both of my configure are like below:

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

And this is my session setting :

Session Directory tmp

Force Cookie Use False

Check SSL Session ID False

Check User Agent True

Check IP Address True

Prevent Spider Sessions True

Recreate Session True

My session value field contains this data: (i don't know what is this?)

1w9tJZSVEShi7HBLuqlBdwSKezi7-NVa29yEyzRPmc0asY1jkL...

aAhyb-VG8DJIJUnPPoc13MqVB_KbBlGsXfHkWn6AEEAnVBVds7...

vMjTNNp6TsCLhjLZjyCgBgm6jyCy-zDSpb6L3dEZzKnPlZRzMH...

4XHT_rHogHwIFpHtYTp798MIkSQdINQepcmhczrNjJRk4V1v1a...

Then what should i do to make it readable?

It appears that your host has installed the suhosin patch to PHP. This encrypts session data. You will not be able to view carts until a fix is developed for Who's Online. I have an idea for something that may work, but haven't tested it yet. My host hasn't installed suhosin, so I don't have a way to verify that it works. The first idea requires PHP5, but there is a way to do it in PHP4 as well, so I will provide a complete solution.

--Glen

Hi, I was using 3.5 it was working fine and showing to chart. Then I installed 3.5.4 but it's not showing to chart? Will someone else find a solution for this? Thank you.

TROUBLESHOOTING

============================================

1. If your carts don't display, check the setting of STORE_SESSIONS in both includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php. They should match. If not, carts will not display.

TROUBLESHOOTING

1. If your carts don't display, check the setting of STORE_SESSIONS in both includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php. They should match. If not, carts will not display.

I already checked. They macthed...

Edited by muzik

I already checked. They macthed...

TROUBLESHOOTING

4. This contribution is not completely compatible with the suhosin PHP security patch from the Hardened-PHP Project. Cart contents will not display.

TROUBLESHOOTING

4. This contribution is not completely compatible with the suhosin PHP security patch from the Hardened-PHP Project. Cart contents will not display.

I know this, but 3.5 was working fine how. Old one better the new one. Should be this?

I know this, but 3.5 was working fine how. Old one better the new one. Should be this?

Well, if suhosin PHP security patch does not apply in your case, and if your sessions directory is the same in the admin and cataolg configure.php files, recheck everything.

3.5.4 works for me, and I did nothing special to make it work.

Well, if suhosin PHP security patch does not apply in your case, and if your sessions directory is the same in the admin and cataolg configure.php files, recheck everything.

3.5.4 works for me, and I did nothing special to make it work.

I check my server and I saw that suhosin PHP security patch applyed. I think I have to wait for 3.5.5.

Thank you for your answers.

I check my server and I saw that suhosin PHP security patch applyed. I think I have to wait for 3.5.5.

Thank you for your answers.

No problem.

Hi, I was using 3.5 it was working fine and showing to chart. Then I installed 3.5.4 but it's not showing to chart? Will someone else find a solution for this? Thank you.

Leslie covered it pretty well, but what prompted you to upgrade to v3.5.4 in the first place? Was it that carts stopped showing up at the time that your host installed suhosin?

Just curious.

--Glen

Leslie covered it pretty well, but what prompted you to upgrade to v3.5.4 in the first place? Was it that carts stopped showing up at the time that your host installed suhosin?

Just curious.

--Glen

Sohosin installed before 3.5 and it was showing chart activity already. After intalled 3.5.4 it's still working and no bugs for IE. But also I can't see chart activity. That's all.

Hi All,

I am trying to install this contribution and have a couple of questions.

1: In my file structure I have admin/images so I uploaded the proper files there but I don't have admin/images/images (original) to upload those files. Once you stop laughing please help me place the files in the proper locations. Do I simply make a new images directory under the admin/images? Thanks.

2: could someone step me through the sql part of the install?

Thanks,

Rob

Hi All,

I am trying to install this contribution and have a couple of questions.

1: In my file structure I have admin/images so I uploaded the proper files there but I don't have admin/images/images (original) to upload those files. Once you stop laughing please help me place the files in the proper locations. Do I simply make a new images directory under the admin/images? Thanks.

2: could someone step me through the sql part of the install?

Thanks,

Rob

1. Add the files to your existing admin/images directory. You can omit the admin/images/images (original) folder. It contains the original versions of several icons that have been revised. Use either the originals or the revised ones, as you prefer.

2. For the SQL part, we assume that you have access to a tool like phpMyAdmin for maintaining your database. Open it up and find the small 'SQL' button above the list of tables in the left pane of the window. It should be the second from the left and display the tooltip "Query Window" when you move your mouse over it. Open that up and paste the SQL commands from the installation instructions into the text box, then click 'Go'. If you are upgrading from an earlier version of Who's Online Enhancement, the whos_online table may already have one or two of the new fields, and you'll get an error. Simply delete the line corresponding to the duplicate field in the error message and re-run the query.

--Glen

Edited by SteveDallas

1. Add the files to your existing admin/images directory. You can omit the admin/images/images (original) folder. It contains the original versions of several icons that have been revised. Use either the originals or the revised ones, as you prefer.

2. For the SQL part, we assume that you have access to a tool like phpMyAdmin for maintaining your database. Open it up and find the small 'SQL' button above the list of tables in the left pane of the window. It should be the second from the left and display the tooltip "Query Window" when you move your mouse over it. Open that up and paste the SQL commands from the installation instructions into the text box, then click 'Go'. If you are upgrading from an earlier version of Who's Online Enhancement, the whos_online table may already have one or two of the new fields, and you'll get an error. Simply delete the line corresponding to the duplicate field in the error message and re-run the query.

--Glen

Thanks for the answers. I have installed the contrib and have a bit of a problem. When I run the program the text comes out as TEXT_STATUS_ACTIVE_CART, TEXT_STATUS_ACTIVE_NOCART, Currently there are %s customers online, TEXT_HTTP_REFERER_URL, TEXT_SET_REFRESH_RATE: , TEXT_LAST_REFRESH 6:43 pm TEXT_SHOW_BOTS:, TEXT_REAL_CUSTOMERS, and so on. Every line shows that way, with the word TEXT in front of the other words with the underscore between words.

What can I do to fix this?

Thank you...

Rob

I'm running RC2a

Edited by custompilotshirts

Thanks for the answers. I have installed the contrib and have a bit of a problem. When I run the program the text comes out as TEXT_STATUS_ACTIVE_CART, TEXT_STATUS_ACTIVE_NOCART, Currently there are %s customers online, TEXT_HTTP_REFERER_URL, TEXT_SET_REFRESH_RATE: , TEXT_LAST_REFRESH 6:43 pm TEXT_SHOW_BOTS:, TEXT_REAL_CUSTOMERS, and so on. Every line shows that way, with the word TEXT in front of the other words with the underscore between words.

What can I do to fix this?

Thank you...

Rob

I'm running RC2a

Install admin/include/languages/english/whos_online.php from the contribution.

--Glen