• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Who's Online Enhancement 1.4

Glen,

Actually, CRE loaded shop also "Powered by Oscommerce".

I made a conclusion that talking about CRE loaded stores here is a taboo, because of pressure of CRE team.

It's all about money folks, very simple.

No, this is wrong. It is taboo for the same reason that many templates are taboo. Who knows (or cares) how they hacked the code and why should the resources of the osc forum be used to support them?

No, this is wrong. It is taboo for the same reason that many templates are taboo. Who knows (or cares) how they hacked the code and why should the resources of the osc forum be used to support them?

::dons Topic Police uniform:: ;)

On that note, I think that it's time to move on, as we are drifting away from support of Who's Online Enhancement. I hope I was able to provide Kevin with the information he needed to fix his installation.

::We now return you to our regularly scheduled programming::

--Glen

I'm using "Who's Enhancement v3.5.4" and I noticed that it doesn't display the Entry Time and Last Click any more. Does anybody else having the same problem? How can I fix it?

Thanks.

Mine displays it without any fix.

I just changed:

<!-- Time Entry -->
					  <td class="dataTableContent" valign="top" align="center"><font color="<?php echo $fg_color; ?>"><?php echo date($dateFormat, $whos_online['time_entry']); ?></font></td>

<!-- Last Click -->
					  <td class="dataTableContent" align="center" valign="top"><font color="<?php echo $fg_color; ?>"><?php echo date($dateFormat, $whos_online['time_last_click']); ?></font> </td>

to this:

<!-- Time Entry -->
					  <td class="dataTableContent" valign="top" align="center"><font color="<?php echo $fg_color; ?>"><?php echo date('H:i:s', $whos_online['time_entry']); ?></font></td>

<!-- Last Click -->
					  <td class="dataTableContent" align="center" valign="top"><font color="<?php echo $fg_color; ?>"><?php echo date('H:i:s', $whos_online['time_last_click']); ?></font> </td>

Now I can see Entry Time and Last Click again.

Irina,

That code doesn't exist in v3.5.4. It appears that you are using admin/whos_online.php from v3.5.3.

--Glen

No, I'm using v3.5.4 but the original code for Entry Time and Last Click doesn't work for me. When I changed that code back to v3.5.3, it works again.

No, I'm using v3.5.4 but the original code for Entry Time and Last Click doesn't work for me. When I changed that code back to v3.5.3, it works again.

Before I posted, I downloaded v3.5.4 to verify the content of that version. V3.5.4 does not use the variable $timeFormat at all. V3.5.3 was the only version that used that variable.

v3.5.4:

<?php
if ($time_format == 12) {
 $format_string = "h:i:s&\\nb\sp;a";
} else {
 $format_string = "H:i:s";
}
?>

<!-- Time Entry -->
<td class="dataTableContent" valign="top"><font color="<?php echo $fg_color; ?>"><?php echo date($format_string, $whos_online['time_entry']); ?></font></td>

<!-- Last Click -->
<td class="dataTableContent" align="center" valign="top"><font color="<?php echo $fg_color; ?>"><?php echo date($format_string, $whos_online['time_last_click']); ?></font> </td>

v3.5.3:

<!-- Time Entry -->
<?php
$dateFormat = "H:i:s";
if ( $_GET['showpm'] )
{
	$dateFormat = "h:i:s a";
}
?>
<td class="dataTableContent" valign="top" align="right"><font color="<?php echo $fg_color; ?>"><?php echo date($dateFormat, $whos_online['time_entry']); ?></font></td>

<!-- Last Click -->
<td class="dataTableContent" align="center" valign="top" align="right"><font color="<?php echo $fg_color; ?>"><?php echo date($dateFormat, $whos_online['time_last_click']); ?></font></td>

v3.5.2 (and prior versions):

<!-- Time Entry -->
<td class="dataTableContent" valign="top"><font color="<?php echo $fg_color; ?>"><?php echo date('H:i:s', $whos_online['time_entry']); ?></font></td>

<!-- Last Click -->
<td class="dataTableContent" align="center" valign="top"><font color="<?php echo $fg_color; ?>"><?php echo date('H:i:s', $whos_online['time_last_click']); ?></font> </td>

--Glen

Alright, I see what you're talking about. I might have just missed that code change when I updated my file. Now, I uploaded whos_online.php from the v3.5.4 package and everything works just fine. Sorry, my fault.

Thanks, Glen.

Hi Glen, thank You for this add-on: works good ;-)

I've installed v3.5.4 today with the latest spider.txt and works good also excluding yahoo, but remains two spiders:

00:00:00 Guest 65.55.109.40 12:54:17 pm 12:54:17 pm /shopping_cart.php?sort=3a&amp Si Si

Nome: Guest

ID: 0

Indirizzo IP: 65.55.109.40

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.2; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

osCsid: fb193c912197dc4295c6ff5905f1bb57

Referer: http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=cookies

00:00:00 Guest msnbot-65-55-109-85.search.msn.com 12:51:09 pm 12:51:09 pm / Si No

Indirizzo IP: 65.55.109.85

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.2; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

osCsid: db522561b8163969bb05570e4dac25f7

Msn is sometimes recognized as bot, sometimes as guest...

Both are able to add cart...

Is there a solution?

Thank You for your reply.

Bye.

Isolory,

Those are MSN's cloaking detectors. They are spiders that access your site using regular User Agent strings, rather than normal spider strings. MSN uses them to ensure that the same content is provided to both the search spider and regular users, as some web pages serve up bogus content to spiders in order to drive traffic to their site.

They are a nuisance, but cannot be detected by strings in spiders.txt. It would be possible to flag them in whos_online.php, but I am reluctant to include special-case code for any spider.

--Glen

Isolory,

Those are MSN's cloaking detectors. They are spiders that access your site using regular User Agent strings, rather than normal spider strings. MSN uses them to ensure that the same content is provided to both the search spider and regular users, as some web pages serve up bogus content to spiders in order to drive traffic to their site.

They are a nuisance, but cannot be detected by strings in spiders.txt. It would be possible to flag them in whos_online.php, but I am reluctant to include special-case code for any spider.

--Glen

It seems to be a valid reason for the behaviour, so long as you know why it happens.

Isolory,

--Glen

Ok, thank You: I continue to read this support ... maybe one day you decide to improve it ;)

Bye!

Ok, thank You: I continue to read this support ... maybe one day you decide to improve it ;)

Bye!

Please remember that preventing spiders from obtaining sessions is not part of Who's Online Enhancement. This contribution just provides a window into what osC is doing.

Detecting spiders and preventing them from obtaining sessions (which is what prevents them from adding items to the cart) is part of the basic functionality of osC, controlled by the "Prevent Spider Sessions" setting in the Configuration->Sessions admin page. This feature works by comparing the User Agent string from the browser accessing the shop against a list of string fragments used only in the user agent strings of spiders.

The spider detection code uses the file catalog/includes/spiders.txt. The version that ships with osC releases is out of date and does not recognize many of the spiders now traversing the net. Steve Lionel maintains an updated version found at http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2455. His contribution contains two files; a small one that detects most common spiders, and a large one that will detect all spiders that have been brought to his attention.

The problem with detecting the MSN cloaking detector is that it uses a valid User Agent string, which means that it is impossible to filter it out using the current spider detection code without also preventing actual customers from buying from your shop. Changes to the spider detection code are beyond the scope of this contribution.

--Glen

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I have just installed - Who's Online 3.5.4 by SteveDallas.

GREAT contribution, easy to install and it works well.

BUT I have a problem.

In the Admin view of Who's Online 3.5.4 with none and none checked in the profile display, it does NOT show the IP address and the Referer column for all the guest shows Not Found for every entry.

When I click on "Customers" profile display it will then show the IP addresses but still the Referer says Not Found and the User Agent is empty for all entries.

I looked in my database and YES all three new fields have been added: hostname, http_referer and user_agent. But they are empty in the database as well.

Got any ideas what is gong on here or where I should look for the problem?

Thanks

Leon

I'm having a great Day - hope you are too!

Leon

Hi

I have just installed - Who's Online 3.5.4 by SteveDallas.

[snip]

Got any ideas what is gong on here or where I should look for the problem?

Thanks

Leon

Replace /catalog/includes/functions/whos_online.php with the one from the zip file. It is the file that populates the database fields.

--Glen

Replace /catalog/includes/functions/whos_online.php with the one from the zip file. It is the file that populates the database fields.

--Glen

Hi Glen

Thanks for a quick response.

Excuse me while I wipe the egg off of my face! I failed to copy the file to the includes directory just as you mentioned above.

On a side note: All of the text on the page in the results table is green. Is this the way it is suppose to be? Or should only the links be green?

Is there a way to fix this?

Leon

Hi Glen

Thanks for a quick response.

Excuse me while I wipe the egg off of my face! I failed to copy the file to the includes directory just as you mentioned above.

On a side note: All of the text on the page in the results table is green. Is this the way it is suppose to be? Or should only the links be green?

Is there a way to fix this?

The text in the table is color coded according to the type of entry:

Green = guest

Blue = logged-in customer

Dark blue = admin

Maroon = bot

You can change the colors; they are defined near the top of admin/whos_online.php

--Glen

The text in the table is color coded according to the type of entry:

Green = guest

Blue = logged-in customer

Dark blue = admin

Maroon = bot

You can change the colors; they are defined near the top of admin/whos_online.php

--Glen

Thanks Glen,

A great contribution and easy to install. Great support.

Leon

Hi Steve,

i still have problem with

lj512356.crawl.yahoo.net

msnbot-65-55-209-37.search.msn.com

I have a suggest. Can you add a function like:

"if IP CONTAIN > *.msn.com ; *.yahoo.net > HIDE IT"

:P for me that i'm not a programmer.. work like a charm...

Hi Steve,

i still have problem with

lj512356.crawl.yahoo.net

msnbot-65-55-209-37.search.msn.com

I have a suggest. Can you add a function like:

"if IP CONTAIN > *.msn.com ; *.yahoo.net > HIDE IT"

:P for me that i'm not a programmer.. work like a charm...

Please post the user agent strings for these bots. This contribution uses the user agent, not the IP address, to identify bots.

--Glen

lj511071.crawl.yahoo.net 09:03:28 am 09:03:29 am /shop/reviews.php Si No

Indirizzo IP: 74.6.28.229

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Yahoo! Slurp; http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/ysearch/slurp)

osCsid: 8890e4c378351b17057ac816380f32df

lj511833.crawl.yahoo.net 09:03:08 am 09:03:08 am /shop/ferrite-antidisturbo-cavo-antenna-pr-72.html Si No

Indirizzo IP: 74.6.23.167

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Yahoo! Slurp; http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/ysearch/slurp)

osCsid: a08c3b51b80cd4056ffb6c705e10a856

msnbot-65-55-209-26.search.msn.com 08:49:51 am 08:49:51 am /shop/redirect.php?action=url&goto=www.max-communication.de%2Fgermany%2Fvart%2Fart203.html Si No

Indirizzo IP: 65.55.209.26

User Agent: msnbot/1.1 (+http://search.msn.com/msnbot.htm)

osCsid: 195373c05bd2ec7d101a532dbe40926d

My spiders.txt

http://www.scaistar.com/shop/includes/spiders.txt

In SESSIONS i have all value set to >> FALSE <_<

An users write me a PM and say switch "PREVENT SPIDER SESSIONS" > to > TRUE. It's correct?

Edited by scaistar

I want to share with you my little change to 3.5.4 from SteveDallas

It add a little globe icon that show IP location on a google map (with geoiptool.com website help) :rolleyes:

geoiptoolko4.gif

w356.png

NOTE: Install first original Who's Online Enhancement v3_5_4.zip from SteveDallas and after overwrite this file to your catalog

Who_s Online Enhancement v3_5_4 _ GEOIPTOOL.zip - 0.01MB

Hope Steve add this feature to next release :lol:

Good Work!

is it possible to logg the referers.so that i can check where i get my customers from.

and maybe sort it in a logfile by just the main domain name,and if that referer come several times it can count them.

like this

23 times visitors from http://domain.com/

358 times visitors from http://another.com/

any new domain get listet as they come. and then count if it refered more.

this way it dont fill up a logfile that fast.

nice to have something like this since i have some banners around on other sites.to see what generates most visitors

i gess this is more like a afiliate option but would be great with this mod

is it possible to logg the referers.so that i can check where i get my customers from.

and maybe sort it in a logfile by just the main domain name,and if that referer come several times it can count them.

like this

23 times visitors from http://domain.com/

358 times visitors from http://another.com/

any new domain get listet as they come. and then count if it refered more.

this way it dont fill up a logfile that fast.

nice to have something like this since i have some banners around on other sites.to see what generates most visitors

i gess this is more like a afiliate option but would be great with this mod

Your web host accumulates this data in logfiles. There are tools that do just the analysis you are looking for.

This request is beyond the scope of Who's Online.

--Glen