• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Who's Online Enhancement 1.4

That probelm has been answered in this thread.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1271275

Thanks for reply.

I am not sure, do you mean checkbox problem is solved?

As I said, with version 3.51 (don't know about 3.52-3) it was just fine: whenever I click on a checkbox I see result immediately. Now I have to move focus on something else...

Computers777dotcom

Change the code as shown in that post and it will fix your problem.

Find this code.

echo TEXT_SHOW_BOTS . ': <input type="checkbox" name="bots" value="show" onChange="this.form.submit();"' . ($HTTP_GET_VARS['bots'] == 'show' ? ' checked="checked"': '') . '>';  ?>

and change it to this.

echo TEXT_SHOW_BOTS . ': <input type="checkbox" name="bots" value="show" onclick="this.form.submit();"' . ($HTTP_GET_VARS['bots'] == 'show' ? ' checked="checked"': '') . '>';  ?>

Edited by Bushmaster

Change the code as shown in that post and it will fix your problem.

Find this code.

echo '<td>' . TEXT_SHOW_BOTS . ': </td><td align="right"><input type="checkbox" name="bots" value="botshow" ' . $changeStr . '="this.form.submit()"' . ($_GET['bots'] == 'botshow' ? ' checked="checked"': '') . '></td>';

but it is different.

Edited by AlwaysNewbie

Computers777dotcom

I checked all whos_online.php files and didn't find code you're talking about.

The code which looks similar to yours I found:

echo '<td>' . TEXT_SHOW_BOTS . ': </td><td align="right"><input type="checkbox" name="bots" value="botshow" ' . $changeStr . '="this.form.submit()"' . ($_GET['bots'] == 'botshow' ? ' checked="checked"': '') . '></td>';

but it is different.

I will post a new version tonight that incorporates this fix as well as the one that cures the timeout error when running on a server with suhosin patch installed.

--Glen

Its on line 281 in admin/whos_online.php

$Id: whos_online.php,v 3.5 2008/06/13 SteveDallas Exp $

2008 Jul 02 v3.5.1 Glen Hoag aka SteveDallas Two fixes for register_globals=off compatibility:

If the line nubers are not right then you have downloaded a version that someone else changed so you will need to wait for them to help you. You can not expect Glen to debug someone elses code.

Edited by Bushmaster

Its on line 281 in admin/whos_online.php

If the line nubers are not right then you have downloaded a version that someone else changed so you will need to wait for them to help you. You can not expect Glen to debug someone elses code.

Bushmaster,

I didn't expect Glen to debug someone else's code.

I just downloaded latest version and posted version number and my results about this great contribution.

You suggested to change the code and I thank you for your help.

I didn't know that time that you were talking about older version.

I didn't ask Glen to make any changes, he made his post himself.

Thanks for help.

Computers777dotcom

Bushmaster,

I just downloaded latest version and posted version number and my results about this great contribution.

Thanks for help.

I don't feel pushed into fixing someone else's code. I'm going to take the version that I had been working on in my spare time for release as v3.5.3, which already implemented the changes posted in the support thread, incorporate some of the unique changes from the version that someone else uploaded as v3.5.3, fix the timeout error that occurs with suhosin installed, and call the result v3.5.4.

For anyone who cares, v3.5.3 generates HTML that does not comply with the HTML 4.01 DTD (but neither does most of osC). V3.5.4, as all of my previous releases, will generate HTML that passes the W3C validator.

--Glen

For anyone who cares, v3.5.3 generates HTML that does not comply with the HTML 4.01 DTD (but neither does most of osC). V3.5.4, as all of my previous releases, will generate HTML that passes the W3C validator.

--Glen

Oops... the HTML errors were *my* bug from v3.5. I was opening table rows for bots, even when bots were hidden. This was a result of insufficient testing and is fixed in my development version of v3.5.4, which will be posted shortly.

--Glen

Bushmaster,

Thanks for help.

Ok lets back this up. I miss read your first post. The version you downloaded as 3.5.3 was not Glens. I see today He has updated his code with some fixs. When looking to add a contrib check the support thread to which one is giving the least trouble. For this one if Glen didn't upload it I wouldn't touch it unlees He thought it was a good fix. There is way to many people uploading things thinking there fixing it when they are not. Just like the sugested fix after the one I mentioned caused the program I use to give warnings for it so I never even tried to see if it would work. I stayed with what I found and did not get any warnings about.

Sorry if I came across sounding rude it was not the intent. To many long days this week

--Glen

Will load it as soon as I can download it.

Edited by Bushmaster

I have posted Who's Online Enhancement v3.5.4 today.

Release notes:

Changed "onChange" action to "onclick" on the Show Bots checkbox to fix MSIE problem. Thanks to Scott McFadden (Bushmaster)

Time display format can be either 12 hr or 24 hr clock. Based on post by Claudio di Francesco (cdfcool) and v3.5.3 contribution by CWS (theintoy)

--Set $time_format variable in whos_online.php to control this feature

Added Dutch language file, courtesy of jan64

Formatting change to align total visitors number with others

Miscellaneous formatting changes

Workaround for timeout that occurs when suhosin session data encryption is used

--Carts not viewable when suhosin installed

Updated troubleshooting instructions to describe problem that occurs when FORCE_COOKIE_USE is true

While this version includes most of the changes found in v3.5.2 and v3.5.3, it is based on my v3.5.1 release, so some things are a little different. Notably, I have removed the time display checkbox from the options. I feel that this is a set once and forget option for most people, and put it in the configuration options section of admin/whos_online.php. I am open to further discussion on this topic, if people feel strongly about it.

This is primarily a maintenance release; I am still looking at adding country flags, with an option to disable the feature for users who don't want to use it. I am also investigating new methods of storing the cart data that will not break on PHP installations with the suhosin patch.

Upgraders from v3.5 or v3.5.1 will need to install both the admin file and the language file. Upgraders from previous releases must perform a full installation.

The package can be found at http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/824

Edited by SteveDallas

I had suhosin installed recently and wondered why this amazingly useful contribution stopped working. didn't put 2 and 2 together until I came across this topic again :)

I am still looking at adding country flags, with an option to disable the feature for users who don't want to use it.

please do not forget the disable option. :) no sense in adding additional load to pages for stuff like this. the host address of the user almost always is a dead giveaway where the visitor is from.

i still see

lj511382.crawl.yahoo.net

lj513419.crawl.yahoo.net

with 3.5.4 too. My spiders.txt (i open with /admin/file_manager.php) in //includes contain

blaiz

blo.

blog

boitho

bonecho/2.0.0.4

booch

ccubee

cfetch

charlotte

what i have to do anymore? :unsure:

i still see

lj511382.crawl.yahoo.net

lj513419.crawl.yahoo.net

with 3.5.4 too. My spiders.txt (i open with /admin/file_manager.php) in //includes contain

Don't use the osc filemanager.

i still see

lj511382.crawl.yahoo.net

lj513419.crawl.yahoo.net

Is Force Cookie Use set to "true" in your shop configuration? This is known to cause problems with bot detection in Who's Online. What happens if you turn it off?

What is the user agent string for these bots? Turn on Profile Display for bots and post the values displayed for "User Agent:" here .

--Glen

Edited by SteveDallas

Configuration > Session > Force Cookie is set to FALSE (like all the other options in Session)

This are details

snap2en7.gif

snap2en7.c2ed71ebf8.jpg

I have Ultimate_SEO Urls. Hope is not a problem

is your spiders text file up to date?

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed version 3.5.4 on a CRE Loaded shop (V6.12.13.1). The only problem I have noticed is that some of my URLs are longer than the last_page_url definitiion of varchar(64). Is there any problem with chaging the length to varchar(255)?

I looked for a database definition in the contribution and could not find one. I had to updare from version 1.6 which what came with CRE Loaded.

Thanks

I have installed version 3.5.4 on a CRE Loaded shop (V6.12.13.1). The only problem I have noticed is that some of my URLs are longer than the last_page_url definitiion of varchar(64). Is there any problem with chaging the length to varchar(255)?

I looked for a database definition in the contribution and could not find one. I had to updare from version 1.6 which what came with CRE Loaded.

Thanks

Kevin,

I don't see a problem with changing the last_page_url definition to support longer URLs.

While there is no database definition, the installation instructions for this module assume that you are starting with a base osC install and include the SQL statements required to add the fields required for the latest version of this module. You can compare this to your current database layout to determine which changes you need to apply.

I don't want to sound snippy, but when last I checked, this was the osCommerce support site. If you wish to install addons you find here on any of the projects that have forked from osC, you are on your own, or should seek support from that project's support forum.

I have been the primary maintainer of this contribution and use osC. It is great if it works on another product, but I can't be responsible for ensuring that it works elsewhere.

--Glen

Kevin,

I don't see a problem with changing the last_page_url definition to support longer URLs.

While there is no database definition, the installation instructions for this module assume that you are starting with a base osC install and include the SQL statements required to add the fields required for the latest version of this module. You can compare this to your current database layout to determine which changes you need to apply.

I don't want to sound snippy, but when last I checked, this was the osCommerce support site. If you wish to install addons you find here on any of the projects that have forked from osC, you are on your own, or should seek support from that project's support forum.

I have been the primary maintainer of this contribution and use osC. It is great if it works on another product, but I can't be responsible for ensuring that it works elsewhere.

--Glen

Glen,

Thanks for your contribution, it is one of my favorites contributions and it works great.

I think nobody blamed you or will blame if your product will not work as it should in CRE loaded shop if instruction says it is not for CRE loaded.

Actually, CRE loaded shop also "Powered by Oscommerce".

I made a conclusion that talking about CRE loaded stores here is a taboo, because of pressure of CRE team.

It's all about money folks, very simple. Despite that CRE loaded version 6.2 standard is free CRE loaded team does next to nothing to help on their forum.

Computers777dotcom

Glen,

Thanks for your contribution, it is one of my favorites contributions and it works great.

I think nobody blamed you or will blame if your product will not work as it should in CRE loaded shop if instruction says it is not for CRE loaded.

Actually, CRE loaded shop also "Powered by Oscommerce".

I made a conclusion that talking about CRE loaded stores here is a taboo, because of pressure of CRE team.

It's all about money folks, very simple. Despite that CRE loaded version 6.2 standard is free CRE loaded team does next to nothing to help on their forum.

Thanks for your positive comments on this contribution. I have put a lot of work into updating and maintaining the work of those who contributed previous versions.

I answered Kevin's questions in a way that I hope will allow him to use the contribution.

The fact is that I simply don't know whether it works with CRE loaded or any other project that uses the osCommerce code as its base, and have no incentive to find out. If it does work, people are welcome to use it. If it doesn't, they are pretty much on their own if they can't get support from the CRE loaded people. I don't want to add a flat statement that says it doesn't work if some people find it useful.

The contribution works with osC v2.2MS2 and later. This isn't explicitly mentioned in the installation instructions, but I will add it to the next version. The fact that it is posted on the osCommerce web site implies this, so I shouldn't have to state it. I don't have problems adding code that enhances compatibility with forked versions, as long as it doesn't break compatibility with the main trunk. But since I don't use any of the forked versions, I have no way of testing that compatibility, and cannot guarantee that it will work elsewhere.

--Glen