• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Error Entering Product Options in Attributes

I am a new user. I used the software last week and entered some test products and had no problems.

However, I needed to be able to allow the customers to PERSONALIZE their items so I had my web "guy" download the upgrade. I'm starting all over again FROM SCRATCH tonight. I deleted all the samples in Product Options and I'm entering new ones tonight, but when I enter any combination of info into these fields, I get the following message:

Error Message:

1054 - Unknown column 'products_options_type' in 'field list'

insert into products_options (products_options_id, products_options_name, language_id, products_options_type, products_options_length, products_options_comment) values ('1', 'Size', '1', '2', '50', 'Size')

[TEP STOP]

what do you mean your web guy downloaded an upgrade? what upgrade if this is a new install?

sounds like a contribution didnt get installed, unless you wiped out the source code and used the same database without overwritng it

In fact, the "upgrade" sounds like the Option Type contrib. The "PERSONALIZE"ing by the user is probably the text box option. It sounds like the web guy didn't run the .sql file to update the database.

ed

Last week we downloaded the software and he uploaded it to my site as a TRIAL version for me to play around with and see if this software was going to meet my needs. Everything worked except when I entered Product Options in the Products Attributes section, it was only letting me enter drop down box selections. I needed the ability to add a TEXT BOX for the customer to enter personalized information. I emailed him this link:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,160

Which I thought should answer the question for him. He's in another city so... basically, he called me up and said it was changed. I went in and sure enough, the screen is somewhat different and all my original information is gone. Like a new install. But now, it's not letting me enter any options in. It's giving me the message I first posted. And I have LOTS of options to enter so of course I'm frustrated.

OK. Now I'm able to add Product Options but no matter what I choose, TEXT/RADIO/TEXTAREA/CHECKBOX, everything appears as a dropdown box when I view the item. How do I get it to just insert a TEXT BOX?

Archived