• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Mysterious Discount

drakonius

Something I've noticed with a couple of customers in my catalog, they get $20 off of their order. I've checked other customers and the discount is not there. I've checked through a lot of files and have been racking my brains to try and find out what is allowing this but I can't make any headway.

I'm assuming that you're using the CCGV contribution. Most of the settings for this come under the seperate Vouchers/Coupons tab in your osCommerce control panel, but there are two entries under the Configuration tab (My Store), for Welcome Gift Voucher Amount, and Welcome Discount Coupon Code. Make sure there are no entries in these.

Vger

Vger

hmm, no I don't see anything there, the odd thing is, they'll get the money off without typing in any codes, or if they do have a gift certificate it'll add that on top. Is there maybe an inherent thing that it tries to give discounts after a customer orders a number of times?

No, there's nothing built-in if you are using the standard version of osCommerce MS2.2. Don't know about other 'loaded' versions of osCommerce. It sounds as though your web site files are corrupted with some sort of gift voucher add-in. Download and unzip a fresh copy of osCommerce MS2.2 from here, and run a comparison against the files on your site. You'll need to download your site files, and then use something like TextPad to run a file comparison test.

Vger

Archived