• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Linking products to catalogs?

Hey all.

I've got a little comma-separated-values file that I'll be dumping into the OSC database. I can dump them into the products table, but I don't see any of the products in any of the existing catagories.

I see that catagories have an ID number, like TestCatagory1 has a catagory_id of 21.

How can I link products in the products table to be listed under different catagories? I tried finding "catagory_id" in the products table, but it's not there. If I go through the admin section and add a product with the OSC GUI, it lists correctly, but I've got 50,000 products that I want to add, and I don't want to do them all by hand. How do products in the products table get linked to the catagories listed in the catagories table???

a csv can be changeedd into a tab delimited very easy. if you read the contribution files you will see you can change the file to match what you use.

a csv can be changeedd into a tab delimited very easy.  if you read the contribution files you will see you can change the file to match what you use.

Change *what* file to match what I use? Change EP to be able to use a CSV file?

haha this is what I get, and I have no frickin clue what to do (yes, I've gone through configuration variables):

Warning: move_uploaded_file(C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/osCommerce/catalog//catalog/temp/products.csv) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\osCommerce\catalog\admin\easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move 'C:\Program Files\PHP\uploadtemp\php20.tmp' to 'C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/osCommerce/catalog//catalog/temp/products.csv' in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\osCommerce\catalog\admin\easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: C:\Program Files\PHP\uploadtemp\php20.tmp

User filename: products.csv

Size: 29767

Warning: file(C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/osCommerce/catalog//catalog/temp/products.csv) [function.file]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\osCommerce\catalog\admin\easypopulate.php on line 657

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\osCommerce\catalog\admin\easypopulate.php on line 680

Warning: file(C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/osCommerce/catalog//catalog/temp/products.csv)

You've got two 'catalogs' and an extra forward slash. I'd say your localhost is not configured correctly.

Vger

You aren't going to get much help with that kind of attitude.

RTFM

If you had any idea what I've been through to get to this point, you'd understand why my will to continue is shaken, but thanks for the "help" anyway.

Warning: file(C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/osCommerce/catalog//catalog/temp/products.csv)

You've got two 'catalogs' and an extra forward slash.  I'd say your localhost is not configured correctly.

Vger

Shoot, I forgot to move the catalog folder to the root document folder on the webserver. That's the problem, isn't it.

If you had any idea what I've been through to get to this point, you'd understand why my will to continue is shaken, but thanks for the "help" anyway.

Shoot, I forgot to move the catalog folder to the root document folder on the webserver. That's the problem, isn't it.

Beleive me, I totally understand how frustrating this can be.

Did you get the catalog folder moved?

Is this a new installation?

Is there a URL?

How many items are we talking about approximately?

TJ

Easy way to change tab-delimited to CSV: Open it w/Crimson Editor (or any other of many text editors). Search and replace tabs with commas.

-jared

Archived