• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Integrating into existing site

Hi All,

I am very new too oscommerce. I have a site that wishes to start selling items. They want to take the existing site and make it a store. When a customer clicks on a picture the client wants a cart icon to appear at the bottom to add the item to the cart. At the end of the "expierence" the customer can then click the checkout icon and go to oscommerces checkout portion.

1. Can oscommerce be integrated into the current sites or do you have to redesign the site using sts?

Is there any documentation that explains this concept clearly?

I have done an ample amt of searching and playing with sts. If this isn't a new topic please excuse my miss.

Thanks alot!

mark

sts is not a necessity, it is a contribution.

check the knowledge base.

your best bet is to install a store and lay with it, add a few products, see how they work. then try to create a hyperlink from the static to the dynamic in the store.

sts is not a necessity, it is a contribution.

check the knowledge base.

your best bet is to install a store and lay with it, add a few products, see how they work.  then try to create a hyperlink from the static to the dynamic in the store.

Hi John,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I was thinking the same thing. I think i'll have to set up an oscommerce site with products etc... Then make a link that calls the same url as when you click the add item to the basket. I'll have to go over the options with the client and proceed. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything... Thanks alot for the help!

Mark