• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FTP and PHP Nuke

Eagle75

Hi,

i was wondering 1st of all what file i actually upload to FTP so that my website is hosted.... im guessing that all files need to be hosted on a database????

currently i am just using a local setup and would rather not use an ISP database because of the costing.

i have used FTP for a site before but only had to upload the "index" file.

also is there anyway to incorporate PHP Nuke templates/themes into osCommerce?

not worth trying to save the low fee for a web site and domain, as both are very inexpensive.

dont know about phpnuke, i know phpbb can be integrated.

dont waste your time trying to make it work locally.

There is an osCommerce port for phpnuke, called osc-nuke or something like that. Not sure how hard it'd be to get "normal" contributions to work with that version of osC, though.

-jared

not worth trying to save the low fee for a web site and domain, as both are very inexpensive.

dont know about phpnuke, i know phpbb can be integrated.

dont waste your time trying to make it work locally.

well i have osC working locally fine ..... i know that a Domain and pagehosting is fairly cheap but .... if i need to host all the files on there database its like $500 per year.

When I referred to making programmes work locally, I meant just that - for testing purposes only! I would never think of trying to run a website off a dsl connection from home. That wouldn't be a website - it would be a joke.

Like Mibble, I don't know who's charging $500 a year just for hosting files. Maybe if you wanted backups taken of your website and your database every day for a year, but not for basic hosting.

Vger

Archived