• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New store

volvoman

Hi there,

I'd highly reccommend you install a thumbnail contribution or something because the images now are around 60k from what I can tell & take a while to load on dialup.

The main page is very snazzy, nice design work and whatnot. Then, when you click on an anything that goes to your catalog, it turns into something similar to the stock layout with a banner and colour change. I found it a bit confusing.

Perhaps you could try to keep that same initial layout throughout the site, or something similar, for continuity purposes.

The buttons on the main site: my account, cart contents and checkout are all simply links to your catalog folder. Is it possible to make them link to the respective areas of the catalog from this main page? Even when I added something to my cart it just went to the catalog - it was a little offputting. I expected when I at least hit the 'my account' button it'd take me to the login page or something.

You have no shipping, privacy or conditions of use information on those pages, just the default text. Plus the text of every page is hard-up against the left hand column. Add a little spacing there maybe. You still seem to have the default icons there too.

Also, when in the catalog section the title of the page is still 'osCommerce'. I'd change that to 'Volvo Motorsports' to match your main page. When in the catalog area, there's no link to get back to the main entry page at all.

I do like the little note on the login page that about how the vistors and members carts will be merged onced logged in though. Very informative.

Jane.

Why are the menus and stuff different once you select something?

Basically, the first page looks awesome but then when you enter the store, it's just normal osc.

I would really recommend using smaller images for your thumbnails. I usually maintain two sets. One large and one small. PhotoShop can resize and rename hundreds of images in a few minutes.

Why are the menus and stuff different once you select something?

Basically, the first page looks awesome but then when you enter the store, it's just normal osc.

I would really recommend using smaller images for your thumbnails.  I usually maintain two sets. One large and one small. PhotoShop can resize and rename hundreds of images in a few minutes.

Yeah i know i was really hoping that the person i hired to do the osc would be able to keep the same look as the index page and i thought that is what they were going to do but i think that maybe it was a little over there head.

I would really like to get someone to make the whole site look like the index page and also install the sts system.

Thank You Terry

Archived