• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

changing the categories names

patgod

I'm trying to build a hebrew oscommerce shop and i need to change the category/subcategory names but when i try to change it to a hebrew name it only allows a 4 charecter name.

When i type the desired name it shows the netire name i typed but when i press the update button it saves only 4 chars.

how can i fix that?

thanks

Your keyboard is obviously set up to type Hebrew characters, but have you installed a Hebrew language pack in osCommerce? This will need to be installed in both the catalog/ and catalog/admin sections for it to work. I think that what is happening at the moment (and why only four characters are being accepted) is that it doesn't recognise the first character you type in, and it is converting it to ANSI code for that character. ANSI code consists of four letter definitions.

Vger

Thanks a lot! That worked.

The only thing is that the hebrew language pack i've downloaded here only covers the catalog part and leaves unassigned labels in the admin part. I knew where to click by memory but i'm sure there is a FULL hebrew language part somewhere.

Any help anybody?

thanks

• 10 months later...
Thanks a lot! That worked.

The only thing is that the hebrew language pack i've downloaded here only covers the catalog part and leaves unassigned labels in the admin part. I knew where to click by memory but i'm sure there is a FULL hebrew language part somewhere.

Any help anybody?

thanks

Do you still have problems with Hebrew?

Archived