• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Internal Server Error...file permission 755

newnew

When I tried some contribution, my site shows "Internal Server Error". The hosting company replied that I should make sure the file permission is 755. But in File Manager, i can only see if a file is rwx_r-x_r-x, or rwx_rwx_rwx(this might brings the problem). Where and how do I configure the file back to rwx_r-x_r-x?

Thanks!

dont edit any files with the oscommerce file manager, download via ftp, make the mode and then ftp back up. in fact, ftp your whole site to your local system, make a complete backup again and then edit your files locally and send to the web. this way you have a backup if it fails (your local backup). once it works the way you want, then rebackup the local copy.

you can use your ftp program to set file permissions by right clicking on the file on the web site, then go to properties or permissions, depends upon yur ftp program.

This is most likely not your problem, php files do not need to be marked executable (0755) if your using apache/php. If your using php cgi then you would need to add the following #!/usr/bin/php to every file and change the permissions to (0755). You should check your .htaccess file and your server error log to find the problem.

Archived