• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing the text of the order confirmation email

iainshaw

sorry - I've looked all over the forums for this, and in the knowledge base

I want to edit the text of the mails sent to a customer when they order and when their product is shipped. I'd expected to find it somewhere in /includes/languages/english/ but I can't find anything. I know this is where I find the email text for create_account.......but I can't find anything for orders.

Can some kind soul please tell me?

thanks

thanks Tom

One further question. do customers get sent orders when the status of their order is changed. The piece of text I am trying to change is the word "delivered" - I want it to read "dispatched". If the customer isn't sent a mail then that is less of an issue.

thanks

thanks Tom

One further question.  do customers get sent orders when the status of their order is changed.  The piece of text I am trying to change is the word "delivered" - I want it to read "dispatched".  If the customer isn't sent a mail then that is less of an issue.

thanks

Actually you can choose whether or not they do when you change the status but it seems like a good thing to let them know. You can edit the available status choices in your admin center->localization-> orders status.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Archived