• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

images broken

Pern

ive tryed to search for this didnt come up with much

i installed oscommerce just fine go the temp(sample) info installed just fine..

and noticed that some of the oscommerce pics located in the laguage fiolder for english under buttons are broken.. there there but not displaying on the screen at all..

its basicaly all the buttons i guess...are not displaying the pictures..

anyone else have this problem and any one know a way to fix it..

thx

Pern

ive tryed to search for this didnt come up with much

i installed oscommerce just fine go the temp(sample) info installed just fine..

and noticed that some of the oscommerce pics located in the laguage fiolder for english under buttons are broken.. there there but not displaying on the screen at all..

its basicaly all the buttons i guess...are not displaying the pictures..

anyone else have this problem and any one know a way to fix it..

thx

Pern

First thing to do is make sure that osC is looking in the correct location. Right click and look at the path and see if it matches where your images are located. If not you need to make whatever changes are needed to your configure.php file. If it is the correct location you need to make sure they are actually there and in good shape. (try uploading them again)

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

i host my own websites there local on another box.. so uploading is not a problem

this is out of the box all default nothing changed... so where ever they are supost to be is where they are...

as for paths yes ive checked that..and there there

i just look at it and tryed to bring it up directly heres what i got

http://www.bacevic.info/catalog/includes/l...images/icon.gif

that one gives a 500 error internal script error

your welcome to see that by clicking on it

this is my path

\\Cyclops\c\home\www\bacevic.info\catalog\includes\languages\english\images\icon.gif

a few things to note:

im useing windows with apache, and im using mostly within a few months all new builds for things like php

Database: MySQL 4.0.20a-nt-log

HTTP Server: Apache/2.0.50 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.0.50 OpenSSL/0.9.7c PHP/5.0.1

PHP Version: 5.0.1 (Zend: 2.0.1)

osCommerce 2.2-MS2

if that helps any ... i did have to do that upload comment out the this statment problem too for upload to work..works ok now..

i remeber having this problem when 2.0 i think it was came out about a year or so ago.. with broken images outa the box... i set one up then evan contribed to two add-ons(contribs) too at that time..i havent touched this in a long time so i dont rember..been too long and have done alot sence sorry..

welp hopefully we will get this all to work.

thanks for the help so far.

any other sugestions...im open

Johnny

aka Pern

I have not see that error with osC before but I have with some cgi scripts and it was always caused by incorrect permissions. (may or maynot help here)

I noticed that you are using php5, there are some problems with it and osC you may need to apply the fixes posted here in the forum.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

yeah i have not either... i have meny php scripts on my server and ive made alot of them..

i cant find why this is doing this..ive looked in the forums and kb too..

i cant belive i cant find that someone else has had this problem too.. with broken images...

im gonna try the rollback to 4X and see what it does...

ill report back on that soon

till then or after evan if anyone has a suggestion im game still

Johnny

aka Pern

i found the problem

dont know if its a bug or not..and im not sure how you all have it here for reporting such a thing...

but the .htaccess file located in /catalog/includes

is messed up some how and when i killed it everything displayed fine i found this in my log file too

[Mon Nov 29 10:45:13 2004] [alert] [client 24.166.229.22] C:/home/www/bacevic.info/catalog/includes/.htaccess: order not allowed here, referer: http://bacevic.info/catalog/

[Mon Nov 29 10:45:37 2004] [alert] [client 24.166.229.22] C:/home/www/bacevic.info/catalog/includes/.htaccess: order not allowed here, referer: http://www.bacevic.info/catalog/product_in...e179738aebc355b

it shows an error of order not alowed in the htaccess file..

ill look into it later to see if i can fix it..as i want to post this site as soon as posible

thanks for all the help and suggestions(altho they didnt work i think they helped me think about it)

thx again..

Johnny

aka Pern

Archived