• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

php error when opening "categories"

pbupgrad

I am getting a parse error message when I click on the sidebar categories I added a few days ago. This is my visit time revisiting the site after adding categories.

Here's the error:

Warning: main(includes/languages/english.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Accounts\pbupgrad\wwwRoot\shopping\includes\application_top.php on line 285

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english.php' (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in C:\Accounts\pbupgrad\wwwRoot\shopping\includes\application_top.php on line 285

And the code for shopping\includes\application_top.php line 285 is

// include the language translations

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '.php');

I'm no experet on php but my guess is that I am missing some syntax because of the file manager scrubbing things.

Any help much appreciated.

Marianne

I'm not sure what you mean?

I do have all the files on the server. What I was doing prior to the receiving the error was adding "topics" to the catergories directory. All of my files would have been under that directory tree with each new topic getting it's own directory which would eventually house the products.

I used the osCommerce interface to add to the directory list and create the hierarchy. Could see it that day. But when I returned several days later. I received the error I posted. I did discover later that the error is spotty. Sometimes the link will process and give me the next page but other times the error.

I hope this helps.

Marianne

your assumption should be correct in that the file manager can corrupt the code by removing backslashes and injecting whitespace, therefore the resolve is as Rhea has posted to upload a fresh copy of the english.php and to edit files offline rather than online

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Archived