• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help please!

squeakywee

Please help!

This is one of what will probably be many support questions - so I hope you guys are patient ;)

Anyway, my problem is this:

When I finish installing oscommerce, I get the following error:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'mysql'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\Inetpub\test\shop2\catalog\admin\includes\functions\database.php on line 19
Unable to connect to database server!

Does anyone know why? I'm pretty new to PHP, and as I understand it, it means that I haven't entered my database server and/or username/password correctly? However, I have! I've even run through it several times to make sure. Can anybody shed some light?

Thanks,

Kat

from what i read, your configure.php file has no password in it. and you probably set your mysql database up to use a password.

thus, open your catalog/includes/configure.php look at the bottom for the db name, username and password.

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: '****@*****' (Using password: *****) in *:\******\www\*****\******\includes\functions\database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

This indicates the wrong username DB_SERVER_USERNAME or password DB_SERVER_PASSWORD information in the configure.php files

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Archived