• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I think I have a bug ??

WiseWombat

Hi would anyone here have an idea why I get this error.

The strange thing is that this error doesnt happens all the time.

Could this be a database related problem.

Please feel free to create an account and test my site.

This error only appair after the shop has been live for say a day I can not under stand why this constantly happening .

I have tested my shopping cart several times with purchases ect

and everything appears to work fine including the customers email comfirmations as well as send extraemails.

And then I just doesn't work anymore and I get this error.

Warning: file(): php_network_getaddresses: gethostbyname failed in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\catalog\includes\modules\shipping\auspost.php on line 68

Warning: file(http://drc.edeliver.com.au/ratecalc.asp?Pickup_Postcode=3807&Destination_Postcode=4216&Country=AU&Weight=120&Service_Type=STANDARD&Height=100&Width=100&Length=100&Quantity=1): failed to open stream: No error in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\catalog\includes\modules\shipping\auspost.php on line 68

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\catalog\includes\modules\shipping\auspost.php on line 69

Warning: file(): php_network_getaddresses: gethostbyname failed in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\catalog\includes\modules\shipping\auspostexpress.php on line 68

Warning: file(http://drc.edeliver.com.au/ratecalc.asp?Pickup_Postcode=3807&Destination_Postcode=4216&Country=AU&Weight=120&Service_Type=EXPRESS&Height=100&Width=100&Length=100&Quantity=1): failed to open stream: No error in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\catalog\includes\modules\shipping\auspostexpress.php on line 68

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\catalog\includes\modules\shipping\auspostexpress.php on line 68

And I have also had visitors stating that the following is happening.

1st:

Your web site has a bug in it. Add a product to your shopping cart, then update the quantity to 10000000000000000000000 and click update. Notice the change in price of the product.

The solution can be found in OSC forums.

2nd:

Got to the 'select payment metheod' page and apparently can go no further as there is no way to select a payment method. It says 'this is the only payment method available for your order'...but then when you press button to proceed it says 'Please select a payment method for your order.' !!!

Thanks for any relpys in advance.

( WARNING )

I think I know what Im talking about.

BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP

1) There is a call to an outside resource - if there is an issue with the server on which that resource is located then this would create the error - resource:

http://drc.edeliver.com.au/ratecalc.asp

Maybe they have had issues on their server.

2) There is a thread or contrib on this - not sure where exactly.

3) What payment method do you offer ? Why not offer cheques/postal order option aswell - this is a work round to the prob - as you are live.

Your online success is Paramount.

3) What payment method do you offer ? Why not offer cheques/postal order option aswell - this is a work round to the prob - as you are live.

Thanks emmitt I also have payment methods paymate express and bankcheque and money order modules installed its just been in the past few days that this has been happening

( WARNING )

Are you using a tmp folder to store sessions and/or cache pages? If so, stop using this facility - on a shared server it can cause all sorts of problems. Disable caching in your osCommerce 'admin' control panel, and in both of your configure.php files make sure that the last line reads

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

Vger

Are you using a tmp folder to store sessions and/or cache pages?  If so, stop using this facility - on a shared server it can cause all sorts of problems.  Disable caching in your osCommerce 'admin' control panel, and in both of your configure.php files make sure that the last line reads

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

Vger

Thanks

Should Recreate Session in admin be set to false? this is what I have at the moment.

Force Cookie Use False

Check SSL Session ID False

Check User Agent True

Check IP Address True

Prevent Spider Sessions True

Recreate Session True

( WARNING )

Thanks

Should Recreate Session in admin be set to false? this is what I have at the moment.

Force Cookie Use False 

Check SSL Session ID False 

Check User Agent True 

Check IP Address True 

Prevent Spider Sessions True 

Recreate Session True

The define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); was already set on both configure.php files.

And use cache was already set to false.

I have set Recreate Sessions to true Would that be right wright?

( WARNING )

Archived